IGNORED

FS: Upgraded Singxer SU-1

Upgraded Singxer SU-1 USB digital interface with XMOS XU208

$300 or best offer.  Buyer pays shipping. Will throw in an excellent Apollo Lightning v2 HDMI cable if needed.

I have for sale a like new, upgraded Singxer SU-1. This was used with my Holo Spring L3 for USB to i2S. This definitely was huge step up in performance by providing cleaner i2s direct connection via HDMI. I was using HQ player to upscale music to DSD 512 and PCM 384 with no issues.

This unit has the mods recommended in the thread on Computer Audiophile https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/29553-my-very-mini-review-of-the-singxer-su-1-ddc/

All the mods recommended in this post were done.

Ultra low noise Sparkos voltage regulator and all the caps were upgraded. These mods yielded a nice bump in performance but the biggest mod by far was the DC conversion kit from Kitsume which bypasses the internal PS and allows you use the 5v PS of your choice. https://kitsunehifi.com/product/singxer-su-1-dc-power-conversion-kit-kitsunehifi-2-1mmx5-5mm/

The unit can be easily converted back to original PS if you choose.  The parts to do this are included.

The Lightning v2:

Construction:

5% silver-plated (comparable to much higher priced brand name competition) OFC 26awg OFC copper conductors to reduce electrical resistance and improve the signal quality, especially over longer distances. Flat cable design to reduce signal degradation due to interference between conductors. Multiple shields to keep out EMI and RFI interference. CL3/FT4 in-wall rated - important for complying with building codes. Produced by a licensed HDMI adopter, in an ISO9001 (quality control)/ISO14001 (environmental control) certified manufacturing facility.

Performance:

HDMI High Speed with Ethernet - fully supports HDMI 2.0 - Data rates >10.2Gbps- covering 1080p, HD4K, Deep Color, Audio Return Channel (ARC) and all 3D formats. Improved high quality die-cast zinc metal housing with strain relief- offers a durable, a slim 2cm wide  (important for closely spaced HDMI ports on your equipment) and visually appealing look. Gold plated connectors provide for a high quality and lasting signal transfer. Each cable is tested at the manufacturer prior to being shipped to help ensure you get 100% functional cable each time.

SU1a.jpg

SU1b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 10:46 AM, Forehaven said:

Why did you sell this John?  Did you find something better for the Spring?

3 hours ago, Ben-M said:

+1.

These units have a very strong reputation, what happened?

My L3 Spring has the current USB chip.  I preferred going direct from my NUC to the Spring as opposed to through the SU-1.  Just one more device to have out and power when I couldn't tell the difference between USB and i2S.