IGNORED

From 0 to Xeon/AL/Roon Server in 2 days

bobfa

21 hours ago, bobfa said:

The chip I have does have a GPU on it> I have no PCIe board.  The E-2124G has P630 graphics. That matches up with the motherboard that has no onboard graphics and I did not want to have a PCIe graphics card.   

https://ark.intel.com/products/134854/Intel-Xeon-E-2124G-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4-50-GHz-

Do you think that your ext. power supply would still match an E-2128G ?

18 hours ago, rickca said:

I asked HDPLEX if they have tested the 200W LPS at 19V/10A (or even 19V/8A) for an extended period.  

HDPLEX answered:  Yes, for 72 hours.

I am skeptical because I see XR-160 written on the side of the transformer.

HDPLEX answered:  XR-160 is not referring to wattage. It is the model number for that core structure which the transformer factory attached the coil to.  120W-160W-200W-240W all use this same core structure.

What are your considerations then? Would it be safe to employ a HDPlaex with an E-2128G?

1 hour ago, bobfa said:

That is on the planned list for the next few days.  I want to do some listening to the server first.  Just sitting in my office working now I hear things I am very happy with. 

I hope that AL will find it.  

Off to do some work to help pay for all of this!

Take your time, no hurry. I have asked because Startech is my planned card and I have AL.

What do you mean by "I hope that AL will find it. "? You mean, recognize the card?!