IGNORED

For the One Percenter Stoners

rickca

Foreign stoners not welcome though. From

https://business.financialpost.com/cannabis/cannabis-business/cannabis-investing/canadian-cannabis-investor-gets-lifetime-ban-from-u-s-as-vegas-conference-goers-face-scrutiny-at-border

A Canadian investor travelling to Las Vegas, Nevada, to attend a prominent cannabis conference and tour a new cannabis facility has been issued a lifetime entry ban to the United States, according to an immigration lawyer he consulted.

“He was travelling straight from Vancouver to Vegas. When they found out he was going down to tour the marijuana facility and that he was an investor in marijuana, they gave him a lifetime ban,” said Len Saunders, an immigration lawyer based in the border town of Blaine, Wash., who was consulted by the individual after receiving the ban.

The individual, who invests in a Canadian cannabis business that has an operation in Nevada, received the ban on the morning of Nov. 14, as he travelled to Las Vegas to attend the Marijuana Business Conference & Expo, one of the largest gatherings of cannabis industry players. The conference attracted close to 25,000 investors, entrepreneurs, lenders, lobbyists and executives of major U.S. and Canadian licensed cannabis producers, among others.

Yes that is US policy.  Problem is that it's legal in Canada.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/canadians-could-be-banned-from-the-us-forever-if-they-smoke-legal-pot

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Are you guys not familiar with the term one percenters?  It refers to extremely  wealthy people in the top 1% of income.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

Maybe Trump needs to build a wall on the USA's northern border too!  Luckily, I have dual citizenship.  I just don't visit the Great White North much since moving to Florida.

15 hours ago, rickca said:

Yes that is US policy.  Problem is that it's legal in Canada.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/canadians-could-be-banned-from-the-us-forever-if-they-smoke-legal-pot

What?!  That’s an insane policy!  I never hear of such a thing.  So if a custom/passport officer asks a Canadian if they have ever in their lives smoke pot—and the honest Canuck says “Yes, when I was a teen,” they can be barred, for life, from entering the USA?  Totally nuts.  And really arbitrary.  They may might as well start asking people if they ever had “impure thoughts.” :o

3 minutes ago, Superdad said:

That’s an insane policy!

That was Jeff Sessions.  We'll see what happens with the new AG.  I think the US targeted this guy to make an example, but I don't have any evidence.  Or maybe he was wearing a T-shirt with a pot plant logo on it.

2 minutes ago, rickca said:

That was Jeff Sessions.  We'll see what happens with the new AG.  I think the US targeted this guy to make an example, but I don't have any evidence.  Or maybe he was wearing a T-shirt with a pot plant logo on it.

I don’t know.  Before I posted above I Googled (to get beyond your Fox News link) and it seems that this is a very real and ongoing problem.

These stories make no sense. Cannabis stocks are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. If they are allowed to hold an industry trade show in Las Vegas, why would someone be barred entry into the USA just for planning to attend it? It's not like the guy had weed on him. He should have just said I'm going there to gamble and lose all my money at the tables.

The other story is even more ridiculous. A citizen of Canada traveling to Washington State where cannabis is legal in both locales is barred from the USA just for saying he smoked pot in college? I'm sorry, I don't believe this.

When I went to Amsterdam twenty years ago, I was not asked if brought back anything (although I did have it stashed in my luggage, and got away with it). I also had a gram of hash mailed to me from a friend in Holland. She didn't conceal it too well, and it was intercepted by U.S. Customs. I got the package, opened and resealed, with a boilerplate letter inserted saying my contraband drugs were confiscated, and if I wanted to challenge it, get in line, because my case was #1,996,247.

21 hours ago, rickca said:

From what my well known friend Ernie Lundquist told me, I would think that is the last place anyone should go while stoned.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

21 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

you mean the 1% of the 80% of the popn that are stoners?

IF  that statement is correct, which seems highly unlikely, it helps to explain why POTUS feels the need to " Make America Great Again" :P

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

36 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

if Orygun can challenge Burgundy with its Pinot; challenge Germany with its beer; then...

I used to prefer wines from South America (mainly Chile), South Africa and Australia actually. As for beer for me these were Dutch Grolsch and Czech Pilsener Urquell.

But for me the general conclusion as far as the main topic is regarded is - there is demand for high end in every field, not only in audio. There will always be.