IGNORED

Anyone not switching from Tidal to Qobuz?

ajay556

3 hours ago, tapatrick said:

I heard it had got better but not my experience and I live in central London.

That's curious.  I'm out in Basingstoke and listen to Qobuz every day as my primary source.  Glitches are virtually non-existent, I can't remember the last time it happened.  It's probably down to our choice of ISPs.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

1 hour ago, MartinT said:

That's curious.  I'm out in Basingstoke and listen to Qobuz every day as my primary source.  Glitches are virtually non-existent, I can't remember the last time it happened.  It's probably down to our choice of ISPs.

Yes, it's probably something like that. I wanted it to work as everyone raves about Qobuz and really tried to find out what the issue was but the support was not good so I gave up. Second time was similar. I have virgin fibre @100mbps and no other service I use has anything like their problems. Anyway glad you are enjoying it.

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

I'm using a TP-Link 4G router and getting about 35Mbps from a three bar signal.  The BT mobile service has 'unlimited' data and is dedicated to just streaming.  It works really well and, for reasons I don't really understand, Qobuz sounds better from 4G than it does from our VDSL landline.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

11 hours ago, tapatrick said:

Yes, it's probably something like that. I wanted it to work as everyone raves about Qobuz and really tried to find out what the issue was but the support was not good so I gave up. Second time was similar. I have virgin fibre @100mbps and no other service I use has anything like their problems. Anyway glad you are enjoying it.

I am also in London and on 100mbps. The few times Qobuz has been a problem coincided with Virgin problems. I have had too few problems, with Vigin or Qobuz, to be sure that Qobuz is a problem itself.

26 minutes ago, athegn said:

I am also in London and on 100mbps. The few times Qobuz has been a problem coincided with Virgin problems. I have had too few problems, with Vigin or Qobuz, to be sure that Qobuz is a problem itself.

I won't labour the point as many are enjoying Qobuz but I was running Tidal simultaneously with Qobuz and Tidal performance was seamless...

Topaz 2.5Kva Isolation Transformer > EtherRegen switch powered by Paul Hynes SR4 LPS >MacBook Pro 2013 > EC Designs PowerDac SX > TNT UBYTE-2 Speaker cables > Omega Super Alnico Monitors > 2x Rel T Zero Subwoofers. 

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Miska

Only the registration need US IP-address (or any country you prefer). . After that it works world wide. No VPN needed. I know for sure, as I did. 

Yeah, I also managed to sign up for the US. Once you sign up it doesn't matter where you are.

The only glitch is that my Google account is defined as from a non-Qobuz country, and the play store won't let me download the Qobuz app for Android. Even if I am physically in a country where Qobuz is legal and connected to a local provider. It's doubly curious as the Apple App Store has no such distraction. Neither does Windows/Microsoft. 

I asked Qobuz about it and they said there is nothing they can do....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)