IGNORED

Anyone not switching from Tidal to Qobuz?

ajay556

22 minutes ago, left channel said:

Here's the most recent report I've seen comparing UMG albums for watermarking on the two services:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/qobuz-lossless-streaming-service-thread.856101/page-26#post-14752580

And here's a comparison of an album from another label:
https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/55468-tidal-or-qobuz-which-sounds-better/?tab=comments#comment-923891

Mark me a skeptic on this one. Hard for me to believe that UMG is watermarking albums it sends to one streaming service, and not to another. Maybe it will be true for a handful of albums - and possibly not intentionally - but not as an overall phenomenon. Blind test a large amount of them and pass the test, and then maybe I'll start to believe it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Miska

Only the registration need US IP-address (or any country you prefer). . After that it works world wide. No VPN needed. I know for sure, as I did. 

Yeah, I also managed to sign up for the US. Once you sign up it doesn't matter where you are.

The only glitch is that my Google account is defined as from a non-Qobuz country, and the play store won't let me download the Qobuz app for Android. Even if I am physically in a country where Qobuz is legal and connected to a local provider. It's doubly curious as the Apple App Store has no such distraction. Neither does Windows/Microsoft. 

I asked Qobuz about it and they said there is nothing they can do....

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)