IGNORED

Anyone not switching from Tidal to Qobuz?

ajay556

For a while I had both but dropped Qobuz, for three reasons:

1. IMHO, no difference in their SQ so long as you compare like with like services 

2. Tidal has a **much** bigger catalogue

3. Tidal is about 30% the cost of Tidal

No brainer!

Aurender W20 Music Server, Kii Three Active Speakers, Kii Digital Controller

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

10 minutes ago, crenca said:

#1 makes sense (why would the same file sound different?) as does #2, but I am confused as to #3.  Tidal 16/44 (which includes MQA) & Qobuz 16/44 are priced the same, with Qobuz hi res being $5 more a month (so 25% more)...

Hah! Listen to the debates on the differences in SQ on this Forum and you wouldn’t think so! YMMV of course!

I pay £10/month for Tidal Masters which I think I got as a special offer at the time it was launched in uk..I think the current cost is £20/month.. at the time it was £30/month for the qobuz hirez service, albeit it has recently been reduced to £25/month.

as I said, absolute no-brainer

Audioquest Diamond USB, Audioquest Niagara 7000 conditioner, Audioquest NRG-1000 HC mains leads

Just now, crenca said:

That is a deal for Tidal 16/44!  Here in America we pay $20 for Tidal 16/44 and $20 for Qobuz 16/44, and $25 for Qobuz hi rez

Sssssssshhhhhhh.....Tidal havent worked out that I still get ‘masters’  for half-price!🤣