IGNORED

Anyone not switching from Tidal to Qobuz?

ajay556

1 hour ago, crenca said:

Given how they showed no backbone to 2L (not even just a tiny, itsy bitsy bit),  I don't see them doing anything at all with the likes of UMG.

They market themselves is the operative word here.  I'm with @firedogif Qobuz is not streaming the watermarked albums it's because somebody somewhere made a mistake. 

A quote that I remember from the heyday of spammers: "Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice".

I'm aware that 2L apparently gave them all MQA versions of their catalog.  No idea what happened there.  But I still haven't found any watermarked material on Qobuz.  If incompetence is the reason, I'll take it!

12 minutes ago, mrvco said:

None other than it seems to be enough of an issue that I can hear the warbling on a pair of $150 headphones through Tidal.  I was assuming this issue was only now surfacing on higher bit-rate / lossless streaming services and it would need to be addressed , but apparently it has been reported on various streaming services since 2012.

Regardless, it does seem odd that it would be evident on Tidal and not Qobuz.  I'm in the US so I've only recently been able to access Qobuz, but is it possible that UMG is phasing out the use of audible watermarking and Tidal's library has yet to be refreshed?

I'm trying not to make any assumptions on why I can't find the watermarking on Qobuz.  I'm just happy their catalog seems to be (mostly) clean.