HIFI

Trouble with XLD SOFTWARE for burning cds

Rate this topic

I am running into a problem with my XLD software when extracting music from cds and loading onto my Mac mini.

all too often I will set up a complete cd burn and my software decides to burn every song or it may skip random songs.  Maybe the first song on one album burn.  Maybe songs 2,5 and 6 will be skipped.  It’s totall random. Sometimes all songs come over fine.

help please

Based only on the information you provide, sounds more like a hardware issue than software. Perhaps the CD reader you’re using is beginning to malfunction. Only speculation of course. 

I have XLD set up to burn CD and place those new files ( songs) on my hard drive.

The “Progress Complete “ report XLD displays during burn process shows every song burned. The “accuracy” report XLD displays at end of album burn shows every file complete with no errors.  

When I look at the destination folder on hard drive I see missing files (songs).

18 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

are you trying to get XLD to burn the songs to a CD and at the same time put them into a subdir on your HDD?

NO.  Just xtract files to my destination folder on hard drive.

18 hours ago, Ralf11 said: