sealrock

Do any of the various audiophile music players offer an Apple TV app?

Rate this topic

Not sure an Apple TV would even be capable of playing Hi-Res, but ideally i'm looking for a way to incorporate Qobuz onto my Apple TV. Tidal has a nice app but Qobuz sound quality is ++. Anyone know if any other players have Apple TV apps?

I have seen devices with AirPlay/AirPlay2 but you are talking about software players, right?

The Apple TV deals with 48 kHz audio only IIRC.

I use a TV3 (which has a Toslink out) but don't stream; here is the newer TV4 spec. -

https://www.apple.com/apple-tv/specs/

BTW, That bridge is nowhere near the Seal Rock I know about...

Thanks for your insight. Yeah, and they inexplicably took the Toslink out of the TV4 (which I use). I've been trying to figure out if using a cheap HDMI-->Toslink extractor will do the job as far as providing an identical signal.

Those specs don't seem to be trying to communicate any support for Hi-Res, best I can tell. But who knows.

Seal Rock!:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seal_Rocks_(San_Francisco,_California)

oh yeh the old Sutro Baths - I was talking about Seal Rocks, Orygun...

So, the real question is how to deliver your HiRes streaming via WiFi.  I think that can be done pretty well.

Or you can wait and see if Apple ever goes to HiRes with their AirPlay products.

I'm surprised there would be a way to deliver Hi-Res via WiFi. I'll now have to look into it. Having the Tidal app on there is so nice, but I care more about sound quality.