IGNORED

T+A new flagship streaming dsd1024 dac

4 hours ago, jabbr said:

Sure, just saying that there is a broad spectrum of implementations. The concept of SoC incorporating IO and processing has become ubiquitous e.g. https://www.mellanox.com/products/bluefield2-overview so that would be extraordinary overkill but literally NAA could run on the NIC -- no one would ever do that would they ... hmm ... :) 

By the way, you have probably noticed that Nvidia purchased Mellanox. It is all about massive computations in data centers. See starting 7:45 in this GTC 2020 keynote: 

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 5 months later...

Congrats, Gabriel! Probably the T+A SDV 3100 HV is a must have for such a hardcore HQPlayer user like you and also nice you have a remote control again. 😉

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

Hi Mario, many thanks. 

When do you want to come back in my listening room? I hope as soon as possible after we have all been vaccinated against Corona. ✌️

• 1 year later...

The T+A SDV 3100 HV has NAA on board and I asked T+A support if a NAA update was in the works. The answer was that NAA has the software version 4.4. 

How does this different versioning come about? Is this really newer then 4.3?

Would an update on the part of T+A make sense?

5 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

The T+A SDV 3100 HV has NAA on board and I asked T+A support if a NAA update was in the works. The answer was that NAA has the software version 4.4. 

How does this different versioning come about? Is this really newer then 4.3?

Would an update on the part of T+A make sense?

That's interesting.

No electron left behind.

• 8 months later...

Reviving this thread, I was wondering if more than 4 years after the announcement of the HV series, there are any other newer/more affordable DACs that can take an NAA DSD1024 or at least DSD512 signal over Ethernet? Or is the HV line still the only and expensive game in town?

Thanks

18 hours ago, tdx said:

Reviving this thread, I was wondering if more than 4 years after the announcement of the HV series, there are any other newer/more affordable DACs that can take an NAA DSD1024 or at least DSD512 signal over Ethernet? Or is the HV line still the only and expensive game in town?

Thanks

SD3100HV and SDV3100HV are still the only T+A devices with built-in NAA.

But you could use DAC200 (up to DDS1024) or PSD3100HV (up to DSD512) with an external NAA.

T+A Fellow   (Head of R&D @ T+A 1989-2021)

(*) My postings represent my private and personal opinion and hopefully are helpful to the members of this forum

T+A MP200 | T+A DAC200 | T+A A200 | T+A Talis S300 | DAW: Core i7 8700K - Linux 5.4.0 - Roonserver + HQP | NAA on RockPiE (RK3328)

1 hour ago, OE333 said:

SD3100HV and SDV3100HV are still the only T+A devices with built-in NAA.

But you could use DAC200 (up to DDS1024) or PSD3100HV (up to DSD512) with an external NAA.

Thanks. I am looking specifically for DACs (any brand) that can take an Ethernet based DSD1024 signal.