louisxiawei

T+A new flagship streaming dsd1024 dac

Rate this topic

Wow. There aren’t many DACs that support DSD512 over ethernet input. I think I can count them on one hand. And this does DSD1024 on ethernet.

Hopefully performance isn’t compromised at these high sample rates though. Given T+A’s track record I’m sure it’s excellent at all sample rates.

5 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Wow. There aren’t many DACs that support DSD512 over ethernet input. I think I can count them on one hand. And this does DSD1024 on ethernet.

Hopefully performance isn’t compromised at these high sample rates though. Given T+A’s track record I’m sure it’s excellent at all sample rates.

I'm just curious: which DACs support dsd 512 over Ethernet? I'm only aware of merging and playback desgin are doing dsd over Ethernet, but limit is dsd 256.

8 minutes ago, louisxiawei said:

I'm just curious: which DACs support dsd 512 over Ethernet? I'm only aware of merging and playback desgin are doing dsd over Ethernet, but limit is dsd 256.

Lumin X1, Auralic Vega G2. 

I would have to double check Cary Audio DMS-550.

But yeh, can be counted on one hand (not many...)

None of those support NAA on their ethernet input of course.

22 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, certainly I'd expect it to work very nicely! :)

Does HQP support DSD 1024 and what kind of computing power will the end user need to use it, DSD 512 took a whole new system for me :)

13 hours ago, louisxiawei said:

Merging for example does 8 channels of DSD256 over ethernet, that is 86 Mbps. Stereo DSD1024 is the same 86 Mbps...

6 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, it's been supported for a while already, but only recently devices have appeared that also support it. This device is "a little bit outside of my budget", but I've been testing DSD1024 on Holo Spring 2 DAC.

It takes about twice as much power as DSD512. With -2s filters and/or with help of recent GPUs it is not too hard to reach though. I've done most of my testing and measurements with poly-sinc-ext2.

Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, louisxiawei said:

Price aside, SD3100HV possesses the most HQplayer solution integrity. 

For sure. The others that support DSD512 with Roon on ethernet input can probably support NAA too... enough customers just need to ask for it.

Kudos to T+A.

I was hunting around just yesterday and saw the new DAC on T+A's site. I didn't see the price, but saw it was listed under their top of the line product family, so I had my doubts...

Maybe the 8 Series family will get something next year? 

I also emailed T+A again about the DAC 8 DSD lacking Linux support at DSD512 because I'm now facing a problem where if I want to buy one of the many new and capable streamers/renderers that work at DSD512, I also have to buy a new DAC FFS...

41 minutes ago, Ben-M said:

I was hunting around just yesterday and saw the new DAC on T+A's site. I didn't see the price, but saw it was listed under their top of the line product family, so I had my doubts...

Maybe the 8 Series family will get something next year? 

I also emailed T+A again about the DAC 8 DSD lacking Linux support at DSD512 because I'm now facing a problem where if I want to buy one of the many new and capable streamers/renderers that work at DSD512, I also have to buy a new DAC FFS...

Please be aware that today there is not one single Dac with an Amanero USB input module is capable of playing DSD512 flawlessy with Linux.