IGNORED

T+A new flagship streaming dsd1024 dac

https://www.ta-hifi.de/en/audiosystems/hv-series/

I believe it is a very HQplayer friendly DAC @Miska.

Hope they can trickle down the technology upgrade to dac 8 dsd soon.

Software: Roon, Tidal, HQplayer 

HQplayer PC: i9 7980XE, Titan Xp, RTX 3090; i9 9900K, Titan V

DAC: Holo Audio MAY L2, T+A DAC8 DSD, exasound e12, iFi micro iDSD BL

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

NAA: Logic CL100 powered by Uptone JS-2

AMP: Spectral DMC 30SV, Spectral DMA 300RS

Speaker: Magico S3 MKII

Rack: HRS SXR signature

This has a LAN ethernet digital input? So no need for an ethernet to USB bridge streamer? That's pretty appealing.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

Wow. There aren’t many DACs that support DSD512 over ethernet input. I think I can count them on one hand. And this does DSD1024 on ethernet.

Hopefully performance isn’t compromised at these high sample rates though. Given T+A’s track record I’m sure it’s excellent at all sample rates.

5 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Wow. There aren’t many DACs that support DSD512 over ethernet input. I think I can count them on one hand. And this does DSD1024 on ethernet.

Hopefully performance isn’t compromised at these high sample rates though. Given T+A’s track record I’m sure it’s excellent at all sample rates.

I'm just curious: which DACs support dsd 512 over Ethernet? I'm only aware of merging and playback desgin are doing dsd over Ethernet, but limit is dsd 256.

USB tweaks: Intona, Uptone (ISO) regen, LPS-1, LPS-1.2, Sbooster Vbus2, Curious cables, SUPRA Certified HiSpeed USB cable

8 minutes ago, louisxiawei said:

I'm just curious: which DACs support dsd 512 over Ethernet? I'm only aware of merging and playback desgin are doing dsd over Ethernet, but limit is dsd 256.

Lumin X1, Auralic Vega G2. 

I would have to double check Cary Audio DMS-550.

But yeh, can be counted on one hand (not many...)

None of those support NAA on their ethernet input of course.

13 hours ago, louisxiawei said:

Merging for example does 8 channels of DSD256 over ethernet, that is 86 Mbps. Stereo DSD1024 is the same 86 Mbps...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

6 hours ago, Miska said:

Yes, it's been supported for a while already, but only recently devices have appeared that also support it. This device is "a little bit outside of my budget", but I've been testing DSD1024 on Holo Spring 2 DAC.

It takes about twice as much power as DSD512. With -2s filters and/or with help of recent GPUs it is not too hard to reach though. I've done most of my testing and measurements with poly-sinc-ext2.

Thank you. 

The Truth Is Out There

On 2/14/2019 at 6:24 AM, Em2016 said:

Have they switched to XMOS for USB interface @Miska?

Maybe invite @OE333 to give some insights.

Price aside, SD3100HV possesses the most HQplayer solution integrity. 

I was hunting around just yesterday and saw the new DAC on T+A's site. I didn't see the price, but saw it was listed under their top of the line product family, so I had my doubts...

Maybe the 8 Series family will get something next year? 

I also emailed T+A again about the DAC 8 DSD lacking Linux support at DSD512 because I'm now facing a problem where if I want to buy one of the many new and capable streamers/renderers that work at DSD512, I also have to buy a new DAC FFS...

41 minutes ago, Ben-M said:

I was hunting around just yesterday and saw the new DAC on T+A's site. I didn't see the price, but saw it was listed under their top of the line product family, so I had my doubts...

Maybe the 8 Series family will get something next year? 

I also emailed T+A again about the DAC 8 DSD lacking Linux support at DSD512 because I'm now facing a problem where if I want to buy one of the many new and capable streamers/renderers that work at DSD512, I also have to buy a new DAC FFS...

Please be aware that today there is not one single Dac with an Amanero USB input module is capable of playing DSD512 flawlessy with Linux.

I didn't know that 100% and I do know that the Amanero USB board in the DAC 8 DSD is an older model which makes configuring it much more difficult, but there has been progress and you can see that in the beta firmwares that can be flashed onto the DAC 8 DSD right now.

And Amanero's persistence that it's possible is also reassuring, as they'd be the best SMEs to say whether there'll be light at the end of this tunnel or not. 

In having talked with both T+A about this on several occasions over the past 18 months and with Amanero, I been given the impression that there's not a concerted effort from T+A about this problem. Amanero may have some interest, but without support and ownership from T+A, the right elements aren't in play to drive a dependable outcome in a sensible timeframe. That's my opinion, but I have put some legwork into it vs. just firing off the cuff. 

13 minutes ago, Ben-M said:

I didn't know that 100% and I do know that the Amanero USB board in the DAC 8 DSD is an older model which makes configuring it much more difficult, but there has been progress and you can see that in the beta firmwares that can be flashed onto the DAC 8 DSD right now.

And Amanero's persistence that it's possible is also reassuring, as they'd be the best SMEs to say whether there'll be light at the end of this tunnel or not. 

In having talked with both T+A about this on several occasions over the past 18 months and with Amanero, I been given the impression that there's not a concerted effort from T+A about this problem. Amanero may have some interest, but without support and ownership from T+A, the right elements aren't in play to drive a dependable outcome in a sensible timeframe. That's my opinion, but I have put some legwork into it vs. just firing off the cuff. 

I have been in regular contact with T+A myself , and I have been testing 4 different firmwares on my T+A 8 DSD dac during the last 4 months.

Pinkfaun, manufacturer of my streamer, is also producing Dac's.

They use Amanero also, and they have not yet achieved/received a DSD512  capable linux firmware.

I have never been in contact with Amanero .

If you can indicate me either a new Amanero USB module with cooresponding Linux firmware, or just new firmware that allows flawless DSD512 with Linux, I am eager to find out about it

Dirk

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, OE333 said:

At the time of the first product announcements it was not clear if we would succeed in tranferring DSD streams at this bitrate and this is the reason why the NAA feature was not mentioned on the first feature list. Today I can confirm, that the NAA feature is on board - and it is working flawlessly even with the highest data rates.

Hi,

Is the D-to-A performance with DSD1024 via NAA, the same for all formats and sample rates? i.e. there is no performance compromise (measurable jitter on analogue outputs) with DSD1024 via ethernet input?

Also, is NAA the only protocol supported on ethernet input?

6 minutes ago, OE333 said:

I can confirm that jitter performance is the same for all formats and rates.

Wow, this is quite the achievement. Congrats!

Btw is this DSD1024 ethernet implementation ethernet-to-I2S or is it ethernet-to-USB-to-I2S?

The SBC inside that you mention is performing like an ethernet-to-USB bridge?

Or there is no USB involved with the ethernet NAA input?