IGNORED

Recommendations on Wifi extender for use as bridge for my HQP server

I have finally decided to move my server out of my listening room.  Up to this point, I have been using a Dlink DAP-1650 AC1200 extender as a bridge to stream music from my NAS located upstairs to the server.  I will continue to use the Dlink for my NAA but will need another extender for the server.  While the Dlink has worked great for me over the past 2 years its getting long in the tooth with no further updates in a while.  I was thinking of getting an AC1900 extender.  My one requirement is that I prefer an extender with multiple LAN ports.  However, literally every single one I have been looking at has mediocre reviews at best or is way to pricey.  I would like to be somewhere south of $150.  I was almost settled on the Netgear EX7000 but recent reviews on Amazon have been brutal plus my own personal experience with the Nighthawk R7000 wireless router has not been that great.  

Anyway, any input would be appreciated.  Maybe I should just get the Dlink DAP-1650 again???  But what would be the fun in that!?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

6 minutes ago, tboooe said:

However, literally every single one I have been looking at has mediocre reviews at best or is way to pricey.

Yep.  I could really use an extender too but I've always been deterred by the reviews.  I'm thinking maybe a mesh is a better way to go.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

5 minutes ago, rickca said:

Yep.  I could really use an extender too but I've always been deterred by the reviews.  I'm thinking maybe a mesh is a better way to go.

Makes me want to just be safe and get the Dlink DAP-1650 again.  Its been very rock solid for me over the years,  I have never had any issues streaming high res or DSD512 files from my NAS to the server.  This is quite the accomplishment considering my router is upstairs towards the front of my house and my listening room is downstairs at the back right corner of the house.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments