IGNORED

USB host not working

Dear Allo,

I bought a USB bridge, plugged everything. Updated to the latest dietpi but the host USB has caused a lot of problems. I use Roon, basically the only DAC which managed to run roon, to BRIDGE and then to DAC is a small Cyrus connected though a micro USB cable. I have a bunch of others like Meridian Explorer 2, Chord Mojo, larger Mass drop CTH with the SDAC which also use micro USB, none of them are recognised by the Roon system .

Please help

RL

I have this problem also. Allo replaced the USBridge but I cannot connect to the Clean USB bridge even with a second card. . The Sparky Board and the USBridge board are not communicating. I can connect to the USB on the Sparky and get the Unit to work, but cannot connect to the USB port in the USBRidge. That port doesn't show up in the Terminal and I can't get the soundcard to hold the USB-Dac setting either on the Allo Page or in the Terminal. Thus, I cant get a clean USB connection to my Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital. So far, Allo has been unable to solve this. I have also done all the updates. This makes no sense. 

15 hours ago, Tom Bacon said:

I have this problem also. Allo replaced the USBridge but I cannot connect to the Clean USB bridge even with a second card. . The Sparky Board and the USBridge board are not communicating. I can connect to the USB on the Sparky and get the Unit to work, but cannot connect to the USB port in the USBRidge. That port doesn't show up in the Terminal and I can't get the soundcard to hold the USB-Dac setting either on the Allo Page or in the Terminal. Thus, I cant get a clean USB connection to my Pro-ject Pre Box S2 Digital. So far, Allo has been unable to solve this. I have also done all the updates. This makes no sense. 

got your reply that received USBridge module (PM) ,  as per first inputs the USBridge port itself not up.

after replacing share the results 

lsusb 

lsusb -t

Allo.com Tech. Support

• 2 months later...

@ALLOsupport @Allo So I have the same issue as described above. I had a perfectly working USBridge connected to a Mytek Brooklyn DAC. But I switched the DAC setup to be a RME ADI-2 DAC instead of the Brooklyn. After swapping the DAC and powering everything back up, the USBridge Host USB port appears to no longer be working. Roon sees the USBridge but like the others in this thread, the host port is not working. The RME DAC shows when USB is connected and it is showing it as 'USB Disconnected'. If I plug the USB into the Sparky USB ports then the RME immediately sees it and says 'USB Connected'. I have changed NOTHING on the USBridge side of things. Same USB cable, same networking, etc. I even tried a different power supply cable and that doesn't impact it. Clearly the USBridge is getting power but the host port is just not working. No physical changes, drops, etc. to explain this. The lsusb output is the same as post #4 in this thread, i.e no Bus 4 visible.

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2020 at 5:37 AM, Audio_Allo said:

Forwarded PM please check

A pandemy ?? ;)
I have the same problem.
My USBridge Sig has been connected to my RME for almost a year and this morning: "USB disc" for "disconnect".
Bought with a Shanti.
I restart the USBridge .. change cable. Same thing.
The RME Dac with the same cable, connected to a laptop, works.
Fortunately, I did not sell my Sparkly which works great with the same Dac and cable.
With USBridge Sig, the dac is recognized on the other USB ports but not on the USB audio ... a power rail problem ? Obsolescence ?

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA

On 11/7/2020 at 11:32 PM, Zauurx said:

A pandemy ?? ;)
I have the same problem.
My USBridge Sig has been connected to my RME for almost a year and this morning: "USB disc" for "disconnect".
Bought with a Shanti.
I restart the USBridge .. change cable. Same thing.
The RME Dac with the same cable, connected to a laptop, works.
Fortunately, I did not sell my Sparkly which works great with the same Dac and cable.
With USBridge Sig, the dac is recognized on the other USB ports but not on the USB audio ... a power rail problem ? Obsolescence ?

Forwarded PM please check

• 4 months later...

Well, the same situation with me. Also with RME ADI2. It worked fine (and quite nice) for a few months, but after reinstalling Moode Audio there is no option to connect via USB. The DAC doesn't see the USBridge. I checked with Volumio and the same situation.

Do you have any advice what to do or to check