IGNORED

Which (xxx)Rendu fits this situation?

My trusty little NUC is another casualty of the move, and the little AWOW I use in the bedroom just does not have the power to run anything but Roon Bridge, which under Windows means no exclusive control of the audio, and all the issues that go with that. 

As a result, a $3100 Microsoft Surface Laptop is running as a Roon endpoint right now, and while it sounds just great - uh - I can’t afford to tie up that much equipment right now. Besides, it is my field Photogralhy laptop. ;)

I *think* that a microRendu might be the ticket, but dang, there are a lot of choices there.

• Are there any issues with buying a refurb?
  • Does the base Ethernet unit have the upgraded JS circuitry for the Ethernet connection in it, or would I need to by an optical Rendu  and just use a SPF for Ethernet?

I can’t really run optical where this has to go, so a wireless bridge is the only choice to connect it. 

Thanks 

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

14 hours ago, Paul R said:

My trusty little NUC is another casualty of the move, and the little AWOW I use in the bedroom just does not have the power to run anything but Roon Bridge, which under Windows means no exclusive control of the audio, and all the issues that go with that. 

As a result, a $3100 Microsoft Surface Laptop is running as a Roon endpoint right now, and while it sounds just great - uh - I can’t afford to tie up that much equipment right now. Besides, it is my field Photogralhy laptop. ;)

I *think* that a microRendu might be the ticket, but dang, there are a lot of choices there.

• Are there any issues with buying a refurb?
  • Does the base Ethernet unit have the upgraded JS circuitry for the Ethernet connection in it, or would I need to by an optical Rendu  and just use a SPF for Ethernet?

I can’t really run optical where this has to go, so a wireless bridge is the only choice to connect it. 

Thanks 

-Paul 

No issue buying a refurbished unit...they even have the same warranty as new. The base unit is the original design also from John Swenson. Buy with confidence...they are all great.