IGNORED

FFmpeg afir convolution

I'm still an audiophile when I watch TV. And my computer is now by best source for ripped movies too since I am back to the future with a Kuro 500 Plasma TV (that doesn't have the capability to process my Blu-Ray remuxes)

I could do with the included in IINA (new os x player based on mpv) eQ but I want better.

However I must confess I have not been able to write a correct syntax to get IINA trigger FFmpeg afir that would convolve the IR  filters I have designed for HQplayer.

Anyone can help?

Rogue Amoeba "Audio Hijack" can capture the audio output of your video player app, apply an AU plugin, and then output directly to your DAC or to a virtual audio device.

The AU plugin can be a convolver.

This solution would not allow you to use HQP.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

Thank you Bob,

I have had In trial mode Rogue Amoeba "Audio Hijack"  capture the audio output of my video player app and it was quite OK with Alloy 2 I already had as AU plugin ; however, I was unable to make the convolver I identified ( Fog convolver) work with my personal filters. It worked with their reverb wizardry though.

since it seemed to be a complicated route as well I asked about FFmpeg afir but if you can point a convolver that can process live stream  as Alloy (I tried iZotope Trash too but same thing : it did its trash but I couldn't get my own filters to perform "real time")  I 'll be happy

True convolution inherently imposes a delay equal to the length of the impulse response.  However, many convolvers advertise zero latency.  I don’t have a clue how they do this.  That would be an interesting theoretical question to ask in another thread.

Liquid Sonics Reverberate Core is specified as zero latency, and SIR2 Reverb has a zero latency preference setting.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

OK. At the moment I feel like enjoying Audio Hijack + LAConverter with my filters output at 96K (instead of 384 with HQP). there are too many settings in Reverberate for my mood today, even in the core version.

Oddly enough the delay rose to 3 seconds when I recreated my filters @44.1 (LAConverter sampling rate) ; maybe because of the soundtrack I played with.

Audio Hijack + LAConverter is very satisfying, provided an audio delay setting in the video player app.

Thank you Bob

On 2/9/2019 at 10:38 AM, Bob Stern said:

No personal experience, but you might try:

Liquid Sonics Reverberate Core $40:

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/reverberate-core/

SIR2 Reverb $143 (after the 25% discount offered at bottom of page):

https://www.siraudiotools.com/sir2.php

I use Reverberate Core (Macbook Pro 2014). Both Audirvana 3.x and JRiver 24.x work fine and I don't feel any SQ degradation. I have generated REW IR filters for L/R channels and exported as stereo IR correction filters. I only use Reverberate Core's Convolution Engine, not as an additional Mix/DSP tool.

What I'm not sure about is how Reverberate Core handles different sampling rates. My REW measurements done in 44.1KHz. Majority of Tidal streaming to MicroRendu (via DLNA) is 44.1 but master recordings use higher sampling rates. I have not sensed any issues with it yet but still ... ?