IGNORED

The Audiophiles wife...

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

IS BACK!

And if you read through her blog you'll see she is from Minnesota!

https://www.theaudiophileswife.com

I haven't followed her blog so I didn't know that she was away. But if she's back, how come her most recent entry is over six months old? :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

5 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Because she stopped originally in 2013...

And apparently stopped again for whatever reason in mid 2018. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

12 hours ago, Allan F said:

I haven't followed her blog so I didn't know that she was away. But if she's back, how come her most recent entry is over six months old? :)

because Mini-Soda is 6 months behind every where else

in winter, the cold & snow acts as inductive impedance

and in the "non-snow season"  the black flies act as a drag in space-time causing a 6 month phase lag 

I live in Arizona.  I would need convincing that there are any people in Minnesota during the Winter.  Because they are all here!  The stores are full, the roads are crowded, the restaurant owners are happy.

When Summer comes and it is over 110 for 10 days in a row and over 100 for a few months you could get rather lonely.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

The guy likes to have lots of tweeters. I can't recall the brand's name, I've seen those speakers before.

Just asking myself - is he doing a comparative evaluation of the soundstage width.? ;)

Beside that IMO it's a boring blog, I knew audiophiles 15 times crazier than that :D

image.thumb.png.4050480c182ea7f527f02362e3df25b4.png

13 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

The guy likes to have lots of tweeters. I can't recall the brand's name, I've seen those speakers before.

Just asking myself - is he doing a comparative evaluation of the soundstage width.? ;)

Beside that IMO it's a boring blog, I knew audiophiles 15 times crazier than that :D

The brand is Tekton and the guy looks incredibly uncomfortable but, mebbe, I am just projecting.  O.o

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

2 hours ago, NOMBEDES said:

I live in Arizona.  I would need convincing that there are any people in Minnesota during the Winter.  Because they are all here!  The stores are full, the roads are crowded, the restaurant owners are happy.

When Summer comes and it is over 110 for 10 days in a row and over 100 for a few months you could get rather lonely.

I hear you! I grew up in the Old Pueblo with no AC in the house. Winter was Snowbird’s ville and it was mayhem on the street. But I’ve also lived in the Twin Cities. My first summer night in Mpls there were six funnel clouds reported and the skies were emerald green. Then winter...-60+ wind chill and 2 feet high drifts of snow. I headed back to AZ the first winter. Break at the U!

1 hour ago, Kal Rubinson said:

The brand is Tekton and the guy looks incredibly uncomfortable but, mebbe, I am just projecting.  O.o

Got about 9/10 through shotgunning out a paragraph before realizing I wouldn't be able to stop.  I'll make the excuse if you don't have something nice to say you should keep your mouth shut.  

I spent one Winter in AZ.  It was surreal walking around on bare ground and seeing saguaro lit up like Christmas trees.  Then on NYE I shoveled in the New Year clearing a wet blizzard off my tent in the mountains outside Tombstone.  Snowball fights in the morning with the locals who all drove 15 miles off the highway in there was certainly memorable for all.

1 hour ago, rando said:

Got about 9/10 through shotgunning out a paragraph before realizing I wouldn't be able to stop.  I'll make the excuse if you don't have something nice to say you should keep your mouth shut.  

OK and I'll just keep my tongue in cheek.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

5 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

because Mini-Soda is 6 months behind every where else

in winter, the cold & snow acts as inductive impedance

and in the "non-snow season"  the black flies act as a drag in space-time causing a 6 month phase lag 

I am starting to think that Mini-Soda, Black Flies, and Hotdish are your only go to's about Minnesota... 😉

5th best state to live in, according to 24/7 Wall St.

https://patch.com/minnesota/southwestminneapolis/here-s-how-minnesota-ranks-among-best-places-live

Put all the lists together and we're #1

http://www.startribune.com/it-s-official-twin-cities-best-place-to-live-in-nation-says-list-of-lists/339920402/

No electron left behind.