IGNORED

Article: SOtM sNH-10G Network Switch Review

I’m all for having an open mind and exploring different views, but there is a point where things become absurd, and this review in my view went well past that point. Glad to know Chis was not the author. 

Audio Alchemy DMP-1 / Roon / Berkeley Alpha RS 2 / Constellation Monos / TAD R1s

32 minutes ago, plissken said:

How so? You haven't tried it. I mean it worked for me....

Or are you suddenly an expert on how IP data networks....work?

‘Because yours is simply stupid comment. Nothing to do with IP data network. Even less (if there is less than nothing) with Audio.

Have you tried it? Or you just KNOW? As an audio expert. 

Just now, plissken said:

I watch a lot of 1080P movies that I have ripped to H 264 and stream from my NAS.

What is the best model of switch that will increase my picture quality, better color microdynamics, and better resolution and detail.

‘Buy a better / bigger TV?

8 hours ago, plissken said:

I watch a lot of 1080P movies that I have ripped to H 264 and stream from my NAS.

What is the best model of switch that will increase my picture quality, better color microdynamics, and better resolution and detail.

Actually I found that the Aqvox switch enhanced picture quality using one of their ethernet cables to my Roku straight from the switch. Noticeable upgrade in contrast and clarity on my 4K TV. I have an HDMI cable to recommend to you as well - a minimalist HDMI cable made by Mapleshade. Not too expensive as this hobby goes. Try it. Try any of this stuff. It just might open your eyes. And your ears. (And there are whole discussions about enhancing digital picture quality with better switches and ethernet cables which I assume you've never searched for - then again I have the funny feeling yours is not a real question - at least not one without your tongue planted firmly in your cheek. But I always try to answer in earnest, regardless.)

• 1 month later...

Actually I found that the Aqvox switch enhanced picture quality using one of their ethernet cables to my Roku straight from the switch. Noticeable upgrade in contrast and clarity on my 4K TV. I have an HDMI cable to recommend to you as well

The only way you can adjust the 'contrast and clarity' on your tv is with the button labelled 'picture' or 'menu' on your TV.  Neither an ethernet connection nor an HDMI cable can do that

As there can not possibly be a difference in the bitstream being received by the Roku by wireless or ethernet,  Roku devices no longer have ethernet ports on their devices in the UK. Maybe we are embracing the 21st Century

A Roku will automatically adjust the video resolution should your internet connection drop speed.

My setup is a £50 ($66) router, Roku Streaming stick £60 ($80) and a very expensive 4K TV with perfect picture of the resolution decided by Netflix and the BBC, etc and with the 'contrast and clarity' decided by my adjusting it with the remote control

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2019 at 3:56 AM, DonaldT2109 said:

The only way you can adjust the 'contrast and clarity' on your tv is with the button labelled 'picture' or 'menu' on your TV.  Neither an ethernet connection nor an HDMI cable can do that

As there can not possibly be a difference in the bitstream being received by the Roku by wireless or ethernet,  Roku devices no longer have ethernet ports on their devices in the UK. Maybe we are embracing the 21st Century

A Roku will automatically adjust the video reolution should your internet connection drop speed.

My setup is a £50 ($66) router, Roku Streaming stick £60 ($80) and a very expensive 4K TV with perfect picture of the resolution decided by Netflix and the BBC, etc and with the 'contrast and clarity' decided by my adjusting it with the remote control

And yet the switch did do this... As did the cable... Hm... I'm sorry you feel the need to dismiss my experience so dogmatically... Not sure what else I can say... My eyes are as delusional as my ears I guess...? Anyway I would ask if you have ever tried either of the products that I mention but I'm certain the answer is no so until you have I will kindly ask you to STFU.

14 hours ago, Nsummy said:

Anyone who thinks a switch can make audio sound better does not understand networking. The digital sound files and 1s and 0s.  The switch relays these packets. This is like claiming that digital photos look better if transmitted over a certain switch.

Ah now there you couldn't be more wrong. A photo is static. Streaming music is temporal. That is the heart of the issue. We are talking about timing issues here. The "bitstream" and the "1's and 0's" you and your cohorts are so keen on claiming are incorruptible are actually quite susceptible to various kinds of timing errors that present as jitter and effect the conversion to analogue. And I will kindly refer you to the suggestion above if you have not heard the product in question.

On 3/19/2019 at 6:56 AM, DonaldT2109 said:

A Roku will automatically adjust the video resolution should your internet connection drop speed.

Sorry Donald, but  I bought 2 months ago a second hand switch from Cisco and the image from my Apple TV improved substancially. Also I am feeding my router with an HDPlex and Again I felt an improvement including on my other Apple TV connected wireless.

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.