IGNORED

Article: SOtM sNH-10G Network Switch Review

'powered by an LH Labs LPS-1' ???  Maybe you mean an Uptone Audio LPS-1?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

9 minutes ago, LowMidHigh said:

So in essence, that $700 clock board runs the same performance as a $10 Crystek 575.

I don't see how your earlier statements lead to this conclusion.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

1 minute ago, LowMidHigh said:

I suppose those are measurements he took.

If he has measurements of the SOtM sCLK-EX phase noise, I'd love to see them.

@PeterSt how do you account for the fact that lots of people are reporting that different switches sound better than others?  Surely it can't be due to errors/retransmissions causing more processing on the audio PC.

Also I think you're saying that with well designed playback software nothing upstream of the audio PC really matters, right?

1 minute ago, thyname said:

They are surely hallucinating

It was a serious question for Peter.  I respect his opinion.  I'm not sure his response is going to be that people are just imagining things.

9 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

But I estimate that is not what you meant.

Actually, that's exactly what I meant.  Are you saying that if you disconnect the network that nothing upstream of the audio PC matters?

14 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Hmm ... Is "not that I know of" anything for an answer ?

Peter it sounds like you don't believe the stuff that Alex and John Swenson describe ... upstream phase noise fingerprint affecting downstream components and getting past many kinds of isolation techniques?  Am I misinterpreting what you're saying?

36 minutes ago, JohnSwenson said:

So back to the drawing board.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out.  I really hope the new board does the trick.