IGNORED

AudioLinux on Raspberry Pi3

8 hours ago, soundbyte said:

For LMS setup try using the web interface, "Settings", bottom right hand corner, LOTS there to look at.

"Information" shows music scan details, "MyMusic" set scan options.

LMS_Web_Page.thumb.jpg.6acbbb441742e9b011ea13456b06dfba.jpg

Thanks, I have checked "Settings" but there does not seem to be a way to tell LMS which tags should actually be indexed. I have a collection of mainly classical music and thus tags like "Ensemble", "Form", "Conductor", "Composer", "Work" (or "Composition") plus a few exotic tags. With MinimServer I can define an "indexTags" list of tags that shall be indexed, LMS does not seem to be very customizable in this respect. It is probably good for pop music but it does not appear to have the flexibility needed to manage classical music collections. Do you know a pointer to some detailed documentation on how LMS can be configured? Anyway, I will first try to assess how the piCorePlayer sounds in comparison with MPD in my minimal Raspbian distribution. If the sound quality is comparable I do not need to dive into the LMS documentation because I am actually very happy with the MinimServer + upmpdcli combination.

The December AL 0.5 versions for RPI  are definitely improved over earlier versions. The 32 bit version is CLI but its configuration menu includes automation of optimizations that you had to manually edit before (extreme=overclocking).  The 64 bit version is the LXQT GUI interface, also included CLI optimization menu,

slower to load than 32 bit but it works for me now whereas the 0.3 version just locked up.  I also find 64 bit to have fewer digital irritants

( both tested with LPS 1.2 as power source)

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 8:41 AM, davide256 said:

The December AL 0.5 versions for RPI  are definitely improved over earlier versions. The 32 bit version is CLI but its configuration menu includes automation of optimizations that you had to manually edit before (extreme=overclocking).  The 64 bit version is the LXQT GUI interface, also included CLI optimization menu,

slower to load than 32 bit but it works for me now whereas the 0.3 version just locked up.  I also find 64 bit to have fewer digital irritants

( both tested with LPS 1.2 as power source)

well, drat. The 64 bit version works fine for 44.1/16 but won't work for 88/176 sampling(just digital noise like an unsynched rate) and has skipping issues with 96/192 sampling rates. Pity as it does sound better than the 32 bit version for CD quality

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Latest 0.6 Version of Audiolinux 64 bits for the raspberry is the BOMB, great work!!!!!

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:12 AM, juliocat said:

Latest 0.6 Version of Audiolinux 64 bits for the raspberry is the BOMB, great work!!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up, going to test it as soon as I have some free time from work! :)

By any chance, were you able to test squeezelite-R2? Maybe with DSD files?

True to say, I did not spend much time on that, but with version 0.5 I had to use the normal squeezelite version and not the squeezelite-R2 one.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:12 AM, juliocat said:

I installed AudioLinux 0.6 64 bit  and testing it now.

It works with my USB dac (Khadas Tone Board) but it does NOT load the Allo Dac by putting the usual config line in /boot/config.txt

dtoverlay=allo-boss-pcm512x-audio

Did anybody tried it?

Thanks

8 hours ago, franz159 said:

I installed AudioLinux 0.6 64 bit  and testing it now.

It works with my USB dac (Khadas Tone Board) but it does NOT load the Allo Dac by putting the usual config line in /boot/config.txt

Did anybody tried it?

Thanks

I don´t have the allo boss but the allo katana doesn´t work with 

dtoverlay=allo-katana-dac-audio

Sorry, i hope piero see this

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

8 minutes ago, juliocat said:

I don´t have the allo boss but the allo katana doesn´t work with 

dtoverlay=allo-katana-dac-audio

Sorry, i hope piero see this

Thanks for your feedback.

i did not mention this explicitly, but it’s worth noting that the Allo Boss WAS working as expected with the previous version, Audiolinux 05 at 32 bit released at the beginning of January 

25 minutes ago, franz159 said:

Thanks for your feedback.

i did not mention this explicitly, but it’s worth noting that the Allo Boss WAS working as expected with the previous version, Audiolinux 05 at 32 bit released at the beginning of January 

The problem is the drivers the 64 bit version of audiolinux doesn´t have the drivers installed, i just install de 32 bit 06 version and it's working

2 hours ago, juliocat said:

The problem is the drivers the 64 bit version of audiolinux doesn´t have the drivers installed, i just install de 32 bit 06 version and it's working

In fact, I wrote an email to Piero and he confirmed that "all special overlays will not work in 64 bit version (audiolinux or not)".

The 06 64 bit is indeed working with my USB Khadas Tone Board, but I prefer to install the 32 bit version and keep more flexibility in the devices I can use.

10 hours ago, franz159 said:

In fact, I wrote an email to Piero and he confirmed that "all special overlays will not work in 64 bit version (audiolinux or not)".

The 06 64 bit is indeed working with my USB Khadas Tone Board, but I prefer to install the 32 bit version and keep more flexibility in the devices I can use.

Quoting myself.... I confirm that with AudioLinux 0.6 32 bit also the Allo Boss works as expected using the "/boot/ config.txt" line

Alsa cards list:

[root@audiolinux06 etc]# aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Control [Khadas Tone Control], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: BossDAC [BossDAC], device 0: Boss DAC HiFi [Master] pcm512x-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
[root@audiolinux06 etc]# 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still having problems getting RPI3b+ with 64bit AL as Roonbridge to work with Schiit Eitr .  Was getting  stop and go play on CD quality, electronic noise on other resolutions,

then did a fresh install with all updates, now all I get a fraction of a second play at start of new playlist, otherwise no sound at all, synch light is on for the Eitr.

32 bit works flawlessly

Anyone seen/fixed similar issue?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

On 4/17/2019 at 12:06 AM, davide256 said:

I'm still having problems getting RPI3b+ with 64bit AL as Roonbridge to work with Schiit Eitr .  Was getting  stop and go play on CD quality, electronic noise on other resolutions,

then did a fresh install with all updates, now all I get a fraction of a second play at start of new playlist, otherwise no sound at all, synch light is on for the Eitr.

32 bit works flawlessly

Anyone seen/fixed similar issue?

seems 64 bit doesn't tolerate the presence of an unused Digiplus hat as 32 bit does. Back to prior limitation of 44.1/16 bit after hat removed.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 5 weeks later...

I'm piecing together a few bits and bobs to create a portable raspberry pi 3 audio linux player....however I can't seem to set up WiFi for some reason, is there an additional package to install? There isn't the handy 'wifi' menu like there is with AL headless.

It's working great with a LAN connection but obviously I'm physically tethered which defeats the point of my project. 

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...