IGNORED

Katana OPAMP board high pitch hiss

Hello,

I just received the Katana Sound Quality + Allo Isolator in the mail. Hooked up with RPI 3B and Volumio 2.52. I listened to a couple of 44khz 16bit tracks. I noticed that the top board was quite hot. I then switched to a DSD 2.8MHz track, there was no sound coming out of speakers, but there was high pitch hiss coming out of the Katana. I restarted Volumio and made sure "DSD over PCM" was selected. The high pitch noise was still there. I powered off everything, waited 30min, powered on again . The noise was there. How do I get rid of the noise ? Thanks

Hi AudioFoo..

I experienced the same issue. Is the hiss emanating from the speaker or the Katana MC/Opamp. If so,  I encountered the same issue. I returned the unit to Allo. I was using the THD optimized opamp.

If you notice the heat, it almost scald my finger. The  top surface of the acrylic is extremely hot. Prior to that, hissing came out; then no sound.

Hi pjmcos,

The hiss comes from the board not from speakers. I disconnect the RCA to preamp. I tried different linear and switching PSUs and power options( 2 and 3 power supplies) . Yes. The top board was hot to touch. I requested a RMA for return, but the USA dealer said just wait until Allo.com response to the their question to Allo.com.