IGNORED

Jaikoz Music Tagger 10.0

paultaylor

We are pleased to announce the newest release of Jaikoz Music tagger for MacOS, Windows and Linux.

In this latest release Jaikoz superior automatic music identification now includes Song Only Matching and AlbunackDiscId matching

http://blog.jthink.net/2019/01/jaikoz-10-releasedimproved-matching.html

Indie software developer of Jaikoz and SongKong taggers and the opensrc tagging library jaudiotagger

4 hours ago, paultaylor said:

We are pleased to announce the newest release of Jaikoz Music tagger for MacOS, Windows and Linux.

In this latest release Jaikoz superior automatic music identification now includes Song Only Matching and AlbunackDiscId matching

http://blog.jthink.net/2019/01/jaikoz-10-releasedimproved-matching.html

How does Jaikoz compare with MP3tag and PerfectTunes? Thanks!

mQa is dead!

My suggestion would be just to try it out for yourself and compare the results. But a key a difference is that whilst Mp3tag can be used to match a set of files to a single album you cannot just give your whole collection to it and let it match with one click, with Jaikoz you can -  matching percentage is usually about 90% .I have only briefly used  PerfectTunes but had no success with it, could not comment further on it.

Indie software developer of Jaikoz and SongKong taggers and the opensrc tagging library jaudiotagger

• 3 weeks later...

I'm kind of lost with Jakoz tagger V10.0. Tried a few things for about 15 minutes, and here's what I found.

For trial, I loaded an album that was tagged with MP3TAG using Discogs ID system. This works quite well, the actual version of the album as a code can be tied to their database. It's a little extra search to look up and ultimately over several albums reduces errors and also great for versions.

When the same album is loaded into Jaikoz, the first entry is marked 0. Only software people start at zero, everyone else starts at 1, cause 0 is nothing. Electrically, 0 is a value and is important, but not music, omg. This album has 24 tracks, not 23 if you scan down the list..but the summary at the bottom of the page as 24, oh wait, Song No:23, so which is it? I have not seen an album track start at zero, ever.  Don't confuse people.

image.thumb.png.e996adf1cc3cd52758c8778e0cc3c442.png

Also missing are the track numbers, so how to verify that the tracks are in order numerically and by description.

The lookup album at Discogs doesn't work, just flashes the screen and nothing, perhaps a setup issue, dunno.

The Uninstaller icon appears on the desktop, and clicking it opens Jaikoz, doesn't uninstall, bit of giggle.

image.png.b06e6a229c44630aa72d7f762f6a87b3.png

Bitdefender reported an intrusion into a Documents file of another application, a VISIO extension program of symbols. Keep your nose out of folders that are not of your own kind is the blunt message. Screen shot added.

What's with all the 1's adjacent to the artist, Genre and others? No right click from File Manager?

I'm not sure about 60,000+ tracks when it has trouble with 23, sorry, 24.

Jaikoz doesn't grab my attention as a workable piece of software. Still lost.

2019-02-19_20-28-33 MP3TAG.png

2019-02-19_20-28-17 Jaikoz.png

2019-02-19_20-22-15 Snoop.png

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Hi One and a Half

Firstly, thanks for taking the time to take a look at Jaikoz. You are correct it would have made more sense to label the records starting from one rather than zero, unfortunately this decision was made back in 2007 and whilst it is planned to set to one that planned change always seems to get usurped by other developments. But it is simply the record number rather than the track number, the track number is a separate  editable field. Now if you load some songs into Jaikoz it will show the existing metadata so if the Track No field is empty that simply means that these songs don't currently have the track no information added, i.e they havent been added by Mp3Tag, If you actually run AutoCorrect and Jaikoz managed to match to an album then track no is always added. Its worth noting that you have only loaded one album but unlike Mp3Tag you could load 10, 100 or 1000 albums and with Jaikoz run AutoCorrect in one go, you don' t have to run once per album.

The lookup album at Discogs doesn't work, just flashes the screen and nothing, perhaps a setup issue, dunno.

I can assure you it in the usual case  work as does the primary MusicBrainz lookup, either there is a specific issue with the one album you have tried it with or user misunderstanding.

The Uninstaller icon appears on the desktop, and clicking it opens Jaikoz, doesn't uninstall, bit of gigle

True, there are currently some issues with the Windows uninstaller that need resolving.

Bitdefender reported an intrusion into a Documents file of another application, a VISIO extension program of symbols. Keep your nose out of folders that are not of your own kind is the blunt message. Screen shot added. 

Hmm, no idea what that is about I would be grateful if you could explain when that error came up, during install, initial startup or whilst you were using it. Really Jaikoz does nothing untoward in this respect.

What's with all the 1's adjacent to the artist, Genre and others?

These fields support multiple values, double clicking on the [1] box allows you to view/add more than just the first value.

No right click from File Manager? 

It is not intended for working one file at a time, so would be weird to open Jaikoz from a single file.

I'm not sure about 60,000+ tracks when it has trouble with 23, sorry, 24.

Jaikoz doesn't grab my attention as a workable piece of software. Still lost.

Thank you for giving it a go, but if I may suggest you haven't really tried it out as intended use. I would suggest you load a decent amount of tracks (say 1000), just run AutoCorrect and see how it can transform your music collection both identifying and then adding improved metadata. Note unless you select File:Save Changes everything is just changed in memory, your actual files are not modified at all without you electing to save them.