IGNORED

2 pairs of speakers

I use two pairs of Energy 22's (with the top pair upside down so that all 4 tweeters are in the middle). In the forums, folks complained about comb filter effects making the sound bad. I spent a lot of time positioning the speakers and have found the sound quite pleasing. At first, the stereo image was a little diffuse (less localized than a single pair), but the sound was so rich that it seemed worth it. I have tamed this diffusion with other things (wall treatment, different cables, speaker placement/toe in/height, and even adding an inexpensive streamer) to good effect. So, I'd say it is worth the effort to experiment. You can always unstack them...

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

• 1 year later...

Just rediscovered the magic of stacked  Advents (NLA Advent/1).

They are magical!!! Shown here in my test lab where I restore vintage speakers... Ignore the electronics in the front - on the back side of the bench lurks an vintage Pioneer SX-1010 (100-110watts X2) from 1973.  The only way to drive speakers from the same era.

Those Advent 10" woofers and Fried Egg Tweeters would put many modern speakers to shame

Capture.JPG

20200930_185223.jpg