IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

My understanding is that the volume trim is supposed to work also in bypass mode since firmware version 1.63. I have firmware v1.71 installed, and in bypass mode the volume trim seems to have no effect.

Am I wrong?

No firedog, experiencing the same here after I read your post. In dig, anal, bypass modes I cannot tell the difference between a vol. trim setting of "disable" and "14". Maybe a call to Mytek is in order...

Jim

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz

Hi Jim, I'm talkin about a different issue:

2a99rvb.jpg

I nave NO Volume bypass (and no checkbox) in the USBPAL CPL

Page #19, Mytek Manual ver. 1.7.1 / October 2012

http://mytekdigital.com/support_docs/Stereo192-DSD_DAC_manual_v1.7.1.pdf

Esprit, I don;t think we need to be concerned with that; mixer volume bypass is the default. Any "bypass" we discuss is the Mytek front panel bypass.

Yesterday I tried the USB (normally I use Firewire).

I opened Mytek_Digital_CPL, in the manual is written on page 19:

"NOTE!" VOLUME BYPASS "must be checked to guarantee Bit Transparency Ensuring proper DSD playback"

The problem is that I do NOT have Volume Bypass in my panel, so I can not select it.

Esprit- Are you using a MAC? That is only for USB on a MAC. In Windows the checkbox doesn't exist.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Esprit- Are you using a MAC? That is only for USB on a MAC. In Windows the checkbox doesn't exist.

Not true, dog. Yes indeed it does (Win 1.34.10 driver on CAPS V2+)..but I've never seen it unchecked unless manually.

mytek 13410 driver info.jpg

Not true, dog. Yes indeed it does (Win 1.34.10 driver on CAPS V2+)..but I've never seen it unchecked unless manually.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4978[/ATTACH]

It is here as well, win 7 with an Asus pc, usb.

Just a thought Espirit, and I don't mean to insult you intelligence, but did you uninstall the firewire drivers before installing usb drivers?

Jim

PC (J River-Jplay) > USB > Mytek 192 - DSD > XLR > Adcom GFP-750 Pre > XLR > Emotiva XPA-5 > Snell C/V's (bi-amped) / Klipsch Sub <100 Hz

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4978[/ATTACH]

Not arguing with you Ted, but the image Esprit pulled is from the MAC instructions, and the instructions for the Windows USB driver DON'T include an instruction to check the box you noted; in fact that Panel as you captured it doesn't appear in the Windows installation instructions - Probably b/c it is checked automatically. Just trying to make sure Esprit wasn't accidentally looking at the wrong instructions - we've all done that at some time, I'm sure.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

In the Mac the checkbox doesn't exist.

It exist only in the manual :D

I've posted page #19 of the manual.

I RTFM, i read about a warning. Is my USBPAL CPL newer and the option/checkbox has been deleted?

Not arguing with you Ted,

Well, you are! :) You specifically said "In Windows the checkbox doesn't exist". There is no misinterpretation of that, and I wasn't aware you were trying to make another point, so my only recourse was to tell you IT DOES. Now that I know you meant it is not about the checkbox but about the MAC instructions I will move on.

Esprit, the checkbox is there on every driver I've ever used in Mytek Windows environment, I can't check Mac right now..but know, of course, that if the driver doesn't see the device then you can't see the device info. Personally I think it is much ado about nothing.

In the Mac the checkbox doesn't exist.

It exist only in the manual :D

I've posted page #19 of the manual.

I RTFM, i read about a warning. Is my USBPAL CPL newer and the option/checkbox has been deleted?

Espirit, firedog deserves some chocolate chip cookies. :0)

Ted, I see the device (USB), I use the device (USB), I haven't the checkbox.

This is my CPL :)

21e1chw.jpg

So, I'm asking ;)

About: "I think it is much ado about nothing."

I've only read this (page #19):

NOTE! “VOLUME BYPASS” must be checked to guarantee Bit Transparency ensuring proper DSD playback

&

WARNING!

• Make sure to check VOLUME BYPASS to ensure proper operation of DSD playback

Got an official reply from Mytek that it doesn't work in bypass mode and that there are no plans to make it do so.

Well, you are! :) You specifically said "In Windows the checkbox doesn't exist". There is no misinterpretation of that, and I wasn't aware you were trying to make another point, so my only recourse was to tell you IT DOES. Now that I know you meant it is not about the checkbox but about the MAC instructions I will move on.

Esprit, the checkbox is there on every driver I've ever used in Mytek Windows environment, I can't check Mac right now..but know, of course, that if the driver doesn't see the device then you can't see the device info. Personally I think it is much ado about nothing.

So where does this reside in windows 7-64. Is it apart of windows itself or is it contained with the downloaded drivers from Mytek ?

The Truth Is Out There

So where does this reside in windows 7-64. Is it apart of windows itself or is it contained with the downloaded drivers from Mytek ?

The screenshots are from the Windows Mytek (rigisystems USBPAL) driver console.

Been a YEAR since new drivers. Have they ABANDONED support?

I think constructive detailed criticism is more effective...i.e what platform do you need the drivers for? Windows? They will send you 1.34.10 if you ask.

What I know is that last Oct I was told there would be new firmware in Nov that would allow playback of 2x DSD from a Mac via Firewire. We're six months past that. I mailed them 3-4 weeks ago asking for a status on this and got no response.