IGNORED

[How-To] WASAPI in Windows Server 2019 Core

AudioPhil

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Disable driver signature enforcement.  At reboot, hit and hold F8 function key until a list of options appears.  Select Disable driver signature enforcement then proceed to installing DAC driver.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

Let's try this:

Install AO but don't execute it yet.

Install DAC driver.  Check Device Manager, don't worry if there is an error (yellow triangle with exclamation mark) on the Unknown device.

Execute AO in express mode, like this: AO -e

Reset AO:  st -r

Run Device Manager:  devmgmt

Uninstall DAC driver, leave the Delete file/driver box unchecked.

Right click on Computer or something like that on the top and Scan Hardware.

Your DAC driver should be installed correctly, indicated by the speaker image next to the Unknown Device/driver.  No more seen is the yellow triangle with exclamation mark.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

No, once driver installed properly there’s no need to do F8.  Actually, with the effective driver installation described earlier, you didn’t need to do F8 in the first place.  Forgive me if I was unable to tell you sooner.  It’s been a while since my last installation and I was trying to help from memory.

Glad it works.  AudioPhil should get credit for the technique.  I’ve just passed on one of many wonderful tips I learned from him.

Enjoy!