IGNORED

Allo Digione vs Digione Signature

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 7:41 PM, ipeverywhere said:

Before owning the Digione Signature in my own system I was using a MBP (2009) via USB into my DAC. Software on the MBP was either Audirvana+ or Roon Bridge. My DAC is a Gungnir (original) with a Gen2 USB board.

Are you still using Audirvana with the MBP, DigiOne Signature and Gungnir dac? I have found that the Audirvana 3.5/DigiOne Signature combination is quite amazing!

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

37 minutes ago, rruffin said:

Are you still using Audirvana with the MBP, DigiOne Signature and Gungnir dac? I have found that the Audirvana 3.5/DigiOne Signature combination is quite amazing!

I switched to Roon and my D1Sig is running RoPieee. It would take some work to reconfigure everything to use Audirvana -> D1Sig at this point but, since I never thought of running it that way until you mentioned it, I think it's worth a listen. When I free up some time in the next few months I'll add it as a project and let you know how it goes. 

As a side note... I've never had my music stored locally to the player. It's always been stored on a network share and/or I've just streamed from Tidal/Qobuz. This allowed for a fairly quick transition to Roon. It should allow me to get Audirvana working again fairly quickly but I'd have to build a DietPi image on the D1Sig and that's the time I don't have right now.