IGNORED

"Audiophile" SD Card Transport?

Doak

18 hours ago, Doak said:

Thanks for your post, Norton. 

Your latter suggestion is one I am pursuing, not w/o trepidation however. 

I do kind of Love my Lampizator. 🤓

I have the Resonessence Mirus  too, but if you are prepared to gamble €800, I’d still suggest trying the EC designs player and DAC.  My wholly subjective opinion is that it’s a remarkable combination.  But only for 16/44 WAV (24/96 for more €) and navigation by numbered folders and tracks.

9 hours ago, Doak said:

Being a vinylphile who has, at last, fallen for digital I liken such an SD transport to a turntable of sorts

Too bad you can’t learn  to love RBCD...the more you post, the more I think the ECD combo could be what you are looking for.  I too am a vinyl fan, with c 4K lps, plus a decent hires/DSD library too, but I’ve been bowled over by this kit.  The combination of simplicity with super detail and  unfatiguing,  airy presentation is addictive.

I have no relationship with ECD other than as a satisfied recent customer. I’ll shut up about it now.

6 hours ago, Doak said:

tired of "dicking with" and wasting time with the "technology."

Most of my listening lately has been via SD Card or thumbdrive on the Mirus and UPL.   I really don’t  find  it a hardship to load up and navigate a card or stick.  By contrast I lost several hours of my life the other day trying to work out (unsuccessfully so far)  why a network share had stopped working.

18 minutes ago, sligolad said:

The best value you will get for an SLC card is here

What’s different about these cards?  They don’t seem particularly cheap compared to new SDXC etc, so I must be missing something to do with the  SLC designation?