IGNORED

BlueNote Album Art

17 minutes ago, NOMBEDES said:

I noticed that BlueNote Records sells wall art.   A 32X32 canvas print (they have other sizes) is $399 (US)  If you are a jazz fan maybe you would like to browse the Bluenote store.  I think they are nice.  Nice wall art may give you more pleasure than yet another audio tweek!

KennyBurrell-MidnightBlue-Web_small.jpg

Great idea.

Are they in a wood frame or similar?

There's a wonderful small format book of Blue Note album art that I got years ago.  Mine is the soft 2001 edition -

41WYS6ZY76L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

There are soft and hard editions predating mine (1991?), and there's a 2011 edition that I've only seen in hard-bound copy.

516fCT7S0dL._SY498_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Any and all are well worth their modest cost.

Francis Wolff's photography for Blue Note is legendary and still sometimes imitated to this day.

In book form there is also Blue Note: The Jazz Photography of Francis Wolff by Charlie Lourie (of BN & Mosaic reknown).  

Of course if you look around there are also sources for prints of the original photos as well, though not cheap. 

Trane, Blakey, Dexter Gordon are some of the subjects of my favorites but there are so many!

12 hours ago, wdw said:

+1   my thoughts exactly...fill the back space with acoustic foam or similar

GIK and some of the  other companies will put artwork on an absorber for you.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 1/30/2019 at 1:16 AM, firedog said:

GIK and some of the  other companies will put artwork on an absorber for you.

Yes.  You can put your own photos on the absorber.  I do not know if they will put your photo of a copyright photo on the absorber.

Copyright is a swamp.  No Swimming.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law