IGNORED

What Can't You Find on Qobuz USA Yet That You'd Like to See?

Only finding 2 "Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band" albums, greatest hits and a live album.  If you search for "Bob Seger" directly, you get a few matches for covers of his material, but only 2 of his solo albums, "I Knew You When" and a live album "Get Out of Denver 1974."

He's done a ton of songwriting, so either the database isn't finding things or it's just not there.  I'd expect to see more than 13 matches total for such  major songwriter.

I had a 3 month free sub in late 2018 on Qobuz via either France or GB that I wasn't supposed to be able to have gotten. At any rate when Qobuz went to the USA beta testing all other US accounts like mine got wiped clean. I was able to get in the beta test last week under Sublime and am really enjoying it as I did with the prior trial I had. I listen to mainly jazz and world music and I found the Qobuz European catalog to be more expansive than Tidal in these areas. However the current US jazz/world catalog on Qobuz is still not as expansive as the European catalog, i.e the ACT label is fully filled out compared to what I had favored in the European catalog. I am willing to wait for the US Qobuz catalog to fill in, and I really like the sound quality in Qobuz via Roon/HQPlayer.

There is only one title in Qobuz US database for Anthony Wilson (Trio). The majority of his catalog is missing. 

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

Somehow I was expecting it to be like a switched turned on and all these new albums showed up. Not a slow trickle.

I’ll end up keeping Qobuz in the end because in my system, Qobuz hi-res easily beats Tidal MQA.  

Is there is a way export my Tidal list and cancel but then use that list to try and batch Qobuz in the future using Soundliz. I don’t want to hang on to Tidal for months just to sync up the two services. 

1 hour ago, bottlerocket said:

I am trying to stream Queen on Qobuz mobile.  I keep getting errors that Qobuz does not have rights to stream it.    Is there a way around this or is the catalog very limited? For example if i search on Queen, this is what happens when I try to play.  

I spot checked and am able to play several Queen albums on the Qobuz android app. I have the US hifi (16/44.1) subscription. This is over wifi. I see in settings, though, you can set max streaming rate for mobile v wifi, or deactivate. Maybe you have mobile deactivated?

Just noticed that Qobuz seems to be  missing lots of the recent releases of major orchestras who are recording live and releasing on their  on label or even on some major labels. Examples: SFO with Michael Tilson Thomas, Mahler Symphony Cycle (among others); Boston Symphony with Nelsons, Shostakovich Symphonies, and the "LSO Live" releases.
I understand there may be an issue getting the rights with private label "own" releases, but the Nelsons is on DG.

Sort of a big hole for a service priding itself on it's classical library.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I posted in other thread but thought I’d post here. The indie labels are being added. See 4AD, Rough Trade, Beggers Banquet.  Probably a few others. 

Not sure if you can do direct search on a label. I find one album and then info to find label and then shows me all the others.

These 3 labels filled a big whole in my library.  I did a Soundliz batch this morning and saw lots of new adds so I checked the labels to see if I could find more good stuff. 

Slightly off topic, but I would like to see all of the albums on the system for sale. Or at least more of them. 

That would drive me to the Sublime subscription in a heartbeat. But a whole lot of albums just do not have a "buy" option. I know that is probably the labels' fault, but dang... there are some albumsI just want to replace for one reason or another. 

How about a "I want to buy this album" button?

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Has anyone noticed the phenomenon of albums disappearing from Qobuz USA? I assume this is because they upload albums globally and their team lags in removing them from the USA catalog. Its enough of an annoyance for me to cancel my subscription because I'm tired of attempting to play an album in Roon and then seeing this message letting me know its been removed: 

image.png.02c960a564a993e02aa4a2006d1ada43.png

6 hours ago, idesign said:

Has anyone noticed the phenomenon of albums disappearing from Qobuz USA? I assume this is because they upload albums globally and their team lags in removing them from the USA catalog. Its enough of an annoyance for me to cancel my subscription because I'm tired of attempting to play an album in Roon and then seeing this message letting me know its been removed: 

image.png.02c960a564a993e02aa4a2006d1ada43.png

Interesting. Example?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 hours ago, Jud said:

Interesting. Example?

All of the Mahler, Michael Tilson Thomas & San Francisco Symphonies were removed. I see the issue most frequently with newly released albums. You can compare the list of new albums in TIDAL, Spotify, Apple Music etc. to Qobuz and you will see exactly what I'm referring to. Qobuz US just isn't ready. 

For the recent releases, have you gone back in a week or two and tried again? I think I recall seeing in another thread that these are sometimes shown before the actual release date, and are then streamable when released. I’ve experienced at least one album like that myself, though it was a little while ago so I don’t remember the specific one.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

3 hours ago, Jud said:

For the recent releases, have you gone back in a week or two and tried again? I think I recall seeing in another thread that these are sometimes shown before the actual release date, and are then streamable when released. I’ve experienced at least one album like that myself, though it was a little while ago so I don’t remember the specific one.

Yes and the albums I’m referring to have been removed and are unavailable. Several newly released albums I just added as favorites in Qobuz have been disappearing from their catalog and I only notice it when Roon throws the error message I screenshot in my earlier post. Roon and Audirvana+ retain the album under my albums which makes it obvious which albums Qobuz removed because I can no longer play them. 

I am also aware that Qobuz posts albums before they’re officially available and some tracks cannot be played before the release date (note: some tracks on unreleased albums can be played if the artist previously released the track on an EP). The issue I’m referring to above is different— Qobuz is straight up deleting albums they don’t have rights to play in the US after they accidentally made them available. Oops.

The Fischer recordings with the Budapest Festival  on Channel Classics.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)