IGNORED

What Can't You Find on Qobuz USA Yet That You'd Like to See?

I'm not seeing this yet, but:

- It's brand new.

- Qobuz USA is still in beta and hasn't completed its catalog.

- But this is very beautiful; I'd like to know in general whether Qobuz USA will have Hyperion label recordings, and this one in particular, or whether I ought to go ahead and purchase elsewhere:

Cardoso Requiem Cupertinos.png

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I was thinking that although it's a bit premature until Qobuz USA comes out of beta, this thread might serve as a place to list things you're not finding that you'd like to see, or at least know if there's a chance they'll be available on the service.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Thanks, thought it might be something like that.

People will have their own ideas of what's best for business.

Regarding downloads, aren't Hyperion releases available on eClassical as well, or is that another label (besides BIS)?

27 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Umm, EVERYTHING is missing - because they won’t open up their %^&* beta yet! (And yes I emailed). 

I emailed 2-3 years ago and the US beta was opened to me a week or two back.  So patience, good things will come.

9 minutes ago, Hugo9000 said:

On Qobuz, it seems to be one "artist" chosen for the work, and sometimes that's the conductor, sometimes it's the ensemble.  More irritatingly, they also do linked "artist" names, e.g. Herbert von Karajan and Berliner Philharmoniker.  I think it was the cellist Truls Mørk who is listed with each combination on an album separately, so there are over a dozen "artist" names with him and whatever chamber partner or ensemble.

I've seen these on non-classical recordings as well, especially the latter.  Definitely something we want to bring to Qobuz' attention.  Perhaps the linked names are their way of allowing searches on associated musicians, orchestras, etc., but there must be a way to do this that doesn't make searches on the major artist a pain.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, phosphorein said:

Jennifer Warnes, Famous Blue Raincoat.

Every audio store in existence had a copy of this back in the day.  :) 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, idesign said:

Has anyone noticed the phenomenon of albums disappearing from Qobuz USA? I assume this is because they upload albums globally and their team lags in removing them from the USA catalog. Its enough of an annoyance for me to cancel my subscription because I'm tired of attempting to play an album in Roon and then seeing this message letting me know its been removed: 

image.png.02c960a564a993e02aa4a2006d1ada43.png

Interesting. Example?

For the recent releases, have you gone back in a week or two and tried again? I think I recall seeing in another thread that these are sometimes shown before the actual release date, and are then streamable when released. I’ve experienced at least one album like that myself, though it was a little while ago so I don’t remember the specific one.

5 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Roadhouses & Automobiles

Majority of Cassandra Wilson's albums are missing, along with Patricia Barber's.  Barber's albums are missing on all the other stream systems also, so it might be not available at all.

Although the Cassandra Wilson albums they do have are those I like best.