IGNORED

What Can't You Find on Qobuz USA Yet That You'd Like to See?

Has anyone noticed the phenomenon of albums disappearing from Qobuz USA? I assume this is because they upload albums globally and their team lags in removing them from the USA catalog. Its enough of an annoyance for me to cancel my subscription because I'm tired of attempting to play an album in Roon and then seeing this message letting me know its been removed: 

image.png.02c960a564a993e02aa4a2006d1ada43.png

6 hours ago, Jud said:

Interesting. Example?

All of the Mahler, Michael Tilson Thomas & San Francisco Symphonies were removed. I see the issue most frequently with newly released albums. You can compare the list of new albums in TIDAL, Spotify, Apple Music etc. to Qobuz and you will see exactly what I'm referring to. Qobuz US just isn't ready. 

3 hours ago, Jud said:

For the recent releases, have you gone back in a week or two and tried again? I think I recall seeing in another thread that these are sometimes shown before the actual release date, and are then streamable when released. I’ve experienced at least one album like that myself, though it was a little while ago so I don’t remember the specific one.

Yes and the albums I’m referring to have been removed and are unavailable. Several newly released albums I just added as favorites in Qobuz have been disappearing from their catalog and I only notice it when Roon throws the error message I screenshot in my earlier post. Roon and Audirvana+ retain the album under my albums which makes it obvious which albums Qobuz removed because I can no longer play them. 

I am also aware that Qobuz posts albums before they’re officially available and some tracks cannot be played before the release date (note: some tracks on unreleased albums can be played if the artist previously released the track on an EP). The issue I’m referring to above is different— Qobuz is straight up deleting albums they don’t have rights to play in the US after they accidentally made them available. Oops.