IGNORED

Reborn Recordings

psjug

I'll stick to this not being legal. Somewhere someone is copying this, dunks it to Tidal et al and now all is full with it. I will try to find some and see what is on it. It could also very well be that what's on them is free of rights by now because of old age. That wouldn't make it illegal, but also nothing special (unless you go for the collections on them). And HD (as in Hires) ? in that case I don't think so ...

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

9 hours ago, PeterSt said:

I'll stick to this not being legal. Somewhere someone is copying this, dunks it to Tidal et al and now all is full with it. I will try to find some and see what is on it. It could also very well be that what's on them is free of rights by now because of old age. That wouldn't make it illegal, but also nothing special (unless you go for the collections on them). And HD (as in Hires) ? in that case I don't think so ...

Maybe you are right that these are not legal.  I just found this where Steve Hoffman says they "ripped off" his work.

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/the-nat-king-cole-story-reborn-recordings-hd-master.799946/

• 3 years later...

Has anyone ever found out anything more about "Reborn Recordings" in the UK? It is clear they are committing copyright infringement on a MASSIVE SCALE, stealing music that belongs to various labels large and small, including ours. They simply submit it through an aggregator who gets it posted on a multitude of digital download sites and fraudulently claim copyright.

In our case, they have stolen material that is NOT public domain. We specialize in overdubbing tracks, using big-league pro musicians who routinely work with today's major artists. So our work is transformative and copyrightable. Yet Reborn just simply steals it. This all started apparently in 2019 and is still going on.

They steal the artwork too, and put their own crappy logo on it. They have even stolen cover art from some of our CD releases but then combined it with DIFFERENT songs, thus confusing the marketplace. Surely these digital sites have received a multitude of complaints from labels, etc. by now. So why is this stuff still online? This is literally criminal activity that should land somebody in prison.

• 1 year later...