AudioDoctor

Soundiiz screwed me today...

Rate this topic

Today I switched from my UK subscription to my US Subscription of Qobuz. Noted in the email was the fact that I would lose all my albums/favorites/ and playlists so using Soundiiz to back them up and transfer them back to the new US subscription was recommended. I logged in to Soundiiz, was happy to see I still have a premium subscription, note to self, think about cancelling that, and synced my Qobuz in its current state to Soundiiz. I then deactivated my UK account per the directions and enabled my US account. When it came time to upload my Qobuz favorites to the new account, I was missing all my favorite artists, all my playlists, and about half my albums. I even gained some I never favorited as well... So today begins the process of rebuilding my Qobuz favorites thanks to Soundiiz.

So a note to Qobuz, maybe a better way to backup our favorited albums/artists/playlists etc... would be a good idea. I know this isn't your fault but it sure is frustrating.

“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One.” – Marcus Aurelius

Hi,

Thomas from Soundiiz. Not sure to understand how you "missing all my favorite artists, all my playlists, and about half my albums" ?

What about "synced my Qobuz in its current state to Soundiiz'" ? Did you used "Platform to Platform" to transfer all to Soundiiz ?

Here's a tutorial to transfer all your datas between 2 accounts on a same service:

https://support.soundiiz.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015677033-How-can-I-transfer-playlists-between-accounts-on-same-service-

I appreciate your reply, however the deed is done and there is nothing to do at this point to fix it. I hope this can help someone in the future with my problem take more time to make sure they have used Soundiiz correctly, and it is operating correctly, before they eliminate the source.

Your tutorial is exactly what I did. Some of the problem may be that the albums don't exist on the US Qobuz yet, but that doesn't explain a complete lack of artists and playlists transfer.

“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be One.” – Marcus Aurelius

Ok, I understand, so just to be clear, it's not a Soundiiz issue here.

It's the transfer to a Qobuz US account, right ? I mean, all your datas are still at least on Soundiiz. 

We are still working with Qobuz on matching improvement (we are aware of some bad matched, unfortunately it's mainly due to Qobuz API). We hope that will be better soon ! 

Thank you for your understanding.

To be honest, I am not sure where the problem was. It appeared to all be going well till I switched to the US Qobuz account and Soundiiz.

Only ~half my albums transferred, None of my Qobuz playlists, and None of my favorite artists transferred.  Here it what Soundiiz looks like right now.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 6.25.04 PM.png

None of these playlists transferred to the new Qobuz account in any form or amount.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 6.29.38 PM.png

In your second screenshot I really don't understand how you can have the same platform as source / destination.

It's not a case we are able to manage, so that could explain the issue you have (if you go to "Platform to Platform", you have to choose a source and then a destination and it can't be the same as the source).

Do you know what did you made to be able to do that ? 

So as I can understand, you never used "Soundiiz" itself as temporary destination between the first connection of your UK account / transfer to Soundiiz / disconnection of UK account, connect US account / transfer from Soundiiz to this account. And finally that's why there was this issue.

I'm really curious for how you have been able to choose the same platform as source/destination.

So when you enter your old credentials UK on Soundiiz, it doesn't recognized your Qobuz account anymore ?

Yes, my UK Qobuz account is gone never to be seen again. I did sync everything to Soundiiz before I deleted it however. Then, I logged out of that Qobuz account in Soundiiz, and logged into the new US account in Soundiiz, then I attempted to transfer from Soundiiz to the new Qobuz.

I am unable to get past this point because I am unable to select any of the 4 options.

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 8.48.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 8.48.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 8.48.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 8.48.20 PM.png

The only way I could get anything to transfer, finally, was to do this, select all > transfer to Qobuz.

Screen Shot 2019-01-27 at 9.03.47 PM.png

Unfortunately it seems nothing has been saved to Soundiiz...

When you said " I did sync everything to Soundiiz before I deleted it however", you confirm me that you have not only connected the UK account Qobuz to Soundiiz, right ? You have also specifically used "Platform to Platform" to transfer all to Soundiiz, and then see all your playlists, artists, albums and tracks on Soundiiz with the Soundiiz logo in front of each of them ?

Connecting a music account on Soundiiz is just having a view to your music datas with Soundiiz, it's not a sync itself. You have then to do the transfer to Soundiiz to save on Soundiiz. I think the issue was there, you have missed this step.

About the "Select all my library manually and transfer all to Qobuz", it's a bug, you are just selecting your playlists from connected account to send them again to the same connected account.

We will fix this bug ASAP (you can't select as destination the same platform as the source, as it's the same account).

Just now, audio.bill said:

Might be a nice enhancement to add the ability to transfer an entire library from one account to another on the same platform.

It's currently possible by following this tutorial:

https://support.soundiiz.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015677033-How-can-I-transfer-playlists-between-accounts-on-same-service-

But you right, as it's more and more asked by users, we will have to figured out how can we handle multiple accounts for a same service (and so, transfer datas between them) !

@blackarcanis the UK account of Qobuz has been synced to Soundiiz since I transferred to Qobuz from TIDAL months ago when I was deemed worthy of a subscription by David and Chris. Before I attempted the transfer I did indeed sync my UK Qobuz account to Soundiiz, I then deleted my UK account on both Qobuz and Soundiiz, logged into my US Qobuz account and attempted to sync Soundiiz to the US account of Qobuz.

It would not let me.

I had to use the transfer feature as shown above to get anything from Soundiiz to Qobuz.

Doc,

Very sorry to hear about your loss of playlists and music. That kind of thing can be extremely upsetting and can take a long time and  a lot of effort to overcome and replace. I went through a very similar situation just recently, through no fault of anyone. Best of luck in putting things back together. I am certain you will get to the point where all is recovered and well sooner than it might seem.

JC

@AudioDoctor If by "syncing" you have well transferred to Soundiiz your datas first, they must be there.

But in your screenshots I can't see them... Can you send me by PM your username Soundiiz ? I will take a look at your account to better understand what happened to you. Thank you !

And agree to TubeLover, we are also sorry for this and very confuse why this happened. Our customers music collection are very important for us, that's why we have created this service in the beginning.

Well, I have to accept that I made a mistake here guys. I am posting this so everyone can know the outcome and to keep from tarnishing Soundiiz any more than I have. They helped and I apologize for jumping to a conclusion I should not have.