IGNORED

Isolation feet for Audio Gear

wdw

On 1/25/2019 at 7:20 PM, wdw said:

We don't have a forum for Isolation/Support equipment so am posting here.  

I recently installed a series of ISoAcoustics Orea isolation footers below my Devialet equipment.  (integrated DAC/Pre/Amp in a milled aluminum case)  

Due to the extremely rigid milled enclosure of the Devialet I had limited expectations that these footers would offer much, if any improvement, but the opposite was clearly audible without much needed for back and forth A/B comparisons.  Sound was more energetic with sharper musical definition between massed instruments and, surprisingly, cleaner and more articulate bass lines.

IsoAcoustics is a Canadian firm which has, historically, served the Pro market and are now moving into the home audio market and happily their price points are quite sane.  Not the range of the Ted Denny magic bean stuff.  They also make speaker footers and are now releasing set for a series of Titan footers for heavier speakers such as B&W and Magico.  I've used the Indigo at the base of the lower D440 and the Bronze in-between the two units.  The Bronze sells for $69 CAD and $50 USD with three required as a minimum.

I highly recommend that you have a listen if you have the opportunity .  I am confident they offer improvements.  Still surprised that mechanical isolation of relatively massive electronics can produce a more coherent sound.  

Link below:

http://www.isoacoustics.com

36490-ae5f7ebdc35fdf3b67274670757efdc0.jpg.png

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01155.jpg

I am using Isoacoustics stands and Pucks everywhere on my desktop system. They work very well, there is an Iso Puck set under the Roger Mayer pre/tape simulator. Usually even the most affordable Iso-Puck works very well, the only exception is the Holo Audio Spring 2, where the original footers works roughly the same way as the Pucks. No real difference with or without. 

IMG_7943.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

IMG_7826 (2).jpg