IGNORED

Isolation feet for Audio Gear

wdw

I agree with WdW. Considering how its built one would not immediately think (not intuitively anyway) the Devialets would be very much susceptible to vibrations. But of course anything receives outside and generates its own vibrations. For any layman it’s impossible to say how/what, which and where.

The 250 Pro I own and it is very similar to the 220/440 model looks like this. Milled from a single alu block, no wires inside (none!), height 4 cm so relatively small caps and everything mounted on a PCB. The bottom plate is pure, thick copper.

Mine is on a ‘plate’ support containing layers of ‘sand like’ minerals, some type of EMI blocking plate, ceramics all encased in wood. Yet I have not experimented much on this subject. Reading WdW’s experience tells me I perhaps should! ;) 

20161104092015_inside-1000.png

• 2 months later...

I’ve recently installed the Isoacoustics Gaia II’s under my JL Audio F112 sub where they replaced the stock feet (some hard rubbery type of foot) and they’ve surely improved the tightness of the bass. It sounds more clean now or somewhat ‘faster’. Not night and day differences but I’m very happy with the improvement.