Jump to content
freesteve

Europen Jazz On Qobuz

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Please list your favorite jazz artists that you have found on Qobuz.  I signed up stateside to hear jazz that is not necessarily well promoted in the US so suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the opposite question. I'm interested in Qobuz for the current European jazz, and assume it will be better or at least as good as Tidal,  but I am primarily interested, in relatively obscure, young,  players--Jaime Branch, Kris Davis, Kirk Knuffne, for example--the people I hear live in NYC... If someone would check for me you'd be rewarded with some of the best music I know of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Abstraction said:

I am primarily interested, in relatively obscure, young,  players--Jaime Branch, Kris Davis, Kirk Knuffne, for example--the people I hear live in NYC... If someone would check for me you'd be rewarded with some of the best music I know of.

 

I’m sorry to report, a quick search this morning via Qobuz US Beta turned up nothing for any of the three artists you inquire about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Abstraction said:

I have the opposite question. I'm interested in Qobuz for the current European jazz, and assume it will be better or at least as good as Tidal,  but I am primarily interested, in relatively obscure, young,  players--Jaime Branch, Kris Davis, Kirk Knuffne, for example--the people I hear live in NYC... If someone would check for me you'd be rewarded with some of the best music I know of.

 

In Belgium, Qobuz offers about 10 albums of Kirk Knuffne, only 1 EP of Kris Davis, and nothing of Jaime Branch

Dirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 10:45 AM, spin33 said:

 

I’m sorry to report, a quick search this morning via Qobuz US Beta turned up nothing for any of the three artists you inquire about. 

Thanks.

   db

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2019 at 1:06 PM, ddetaey said:

 

In Belgium, Qobuz offers about 10 albums of Kirk Knuffne, only 1 EP of Kris Davis, and nothing of Jaime Branch

Dirk

Thanks. Sad to hear. Kris Davis is a major figure for me. But Kirk is a friend. Glad to know they have his work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abstraction said:

Thanks. Sad to hear. Kris Davis is a major figure for me. But Kirk is a friend. Glad to know they have his work.

Qobuz subscribers are welcome to suggest additions to their catalog. Sometimes this works, other times not but worth to try anyway

Dirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...