IGNORED

Europen Jazz On Qobuz

Please list your favorite jazz artists that you have found on Qobuz.  I signed up stateside to hear jazz that is not necessarily well promoted in the US so suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

I have the opposite question. I'm interested in Qobuz for the current European jazz, and assume it will be better or at least as good as Tidal,  but I am primarily interested, in relatively obscure, young,  players--Jaime Branch, Kris Davis, Kirk Knuffne, for example--the people I hear live in NYC... If someone would check for me you'd be rewarded with some of the best music I know of.

10 hours ago, Abstraction said:

I am primarily interested, in relatively obscure, young,  players--Jaime Branch, Kris Davis, Kirk Knuffne, for example--the people I hear live in NYC... If someone would check for me you'd be rewarded with some of the best music I know of.

I’m sorry to report, a quick search this morning via Qobuz US Beta turned up nothing for any of the three artists you inquire about. 

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

13 hours ago, Abstraction said:

I have the opposite question. I'm interested in Qobuz for the current European jazz, and assume it will be better or at least as good as Tidal,  but I am primarily interested, in relatively obscure, young,  players--Jaime Branch, Kris Davis, Kirk Knuffne, for example--the people I hear live in NYC... If someone would check for me you'd be rewarded with some of the best music I know of.

In Belgium, Qobuz offers about 10 albums of Kirk Knuffne, only 1 EP of Kris Davis, and nothing of Jaime Branch

Dirk

2 hours ago, Abstraction said:

Thanks. Sad to hear. Kris Davis is a major figure for me. But Kirk is a friend. Glad to know they have his work.

Qobuz subscribers are welcome to suggest additions to their catalog. Sometimes this works, other times not but worth to try anyway

Dirk