IGNORED

Tidal or Qobuz - which sounds better

7 hours ago, firedog said:

If you are listening on an Aurender and a Brooklyn, then ALL the files are getting played back with MQA filters-even the non MQA files. This is going to skew your test results in favor of MQA, as only the MQA files are being played back as intended. 

3 hours ago, MarkS said:

Huh??  I am about to buy a Mytek Brooklyn Bridge for my office system. Are you saying the Mytek dac somehow taints non-MQA files (true hi res or dsd) with MQA filters?  Please clarify this. 

I read somewhere that was a problem with the early Brooklyn firmware, but it was fixed a long time ago. You should confirm directly with Mytek of course. I don't know anything about Aurender.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

• 10 months later...
3 hours ago, Tinnitus Andronicus said:

I'm suspicious of all the MQA hype and if I choose to stream Tidal then I will have to run that with my OPPO 205 as the dedicated DAC, since the OPPO handles MQA, whereas my primary Rega DAC does not. Worth checking it out at any rate. I'm totally new to streaming and it's quite exciting having access to all this music in hi-res and CD quality lossless audio.

The MQA software decoder built into Audirvana and the official Tidal app may be all you need. Then you could use the Rega if you prefer. I've stopped restricting myself to DACs that can decode MQA because that limits my choices, and the final "unfold" is seldom worth the effort.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.