IGNORED

Toppings MX 3 , Pro and D50

Yes I saw your post on the relay, seems the update took care of it. Since I'm a detail and clarity freak..I'll go for the D50.  The Bluesound would be very nice too. As far as DX3 being warmer and more musical...that's not a bad thing... have you ever owner or had a chance to listen to a v90? That's the sound I'm coming from. I do have many phone chargers I can use. I'll have to look into a linear power supply... sounds interesting. Any suggestions on one if those?

• 5 months later...

Hi @Miska

Do you have any theory/guess how the AKM AK4493 DAC chip would handle DSD with digital volume control?

I'm trying to work out how the Topping DX3 Pro headphone output (with it's digital volume control) would handle DSD512 content (from HQPlayer).

I see this on their website but don't know if it offers any clues:

image.png.ff9d1c0317b41f7fe03374372069ee45.png

13 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Do you have any theory/guess how the AKM AK4493 DAC chip would handle DSD with digital volume control?

Similar way like in ESS Sabre. Those AKM chips are much better used in DSD Direct mode which bypasses volume control and thus bunch of DSP. ESS unfortunately doesn't have such feature.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers