IGNORED

Best RCA Cables

Ralf11

Either Blue Jean Cables or MIT Oracle MA-X SHD they sound the same 😉

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

30 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If I’m not mistaken you’re a very objective type of person. I suggest you get the least expensive cable you can afford and call it a day. 

No - it needs or would benefit from certain things.  Assuming the impedance is within reason, it will need corrosion resistance (gold plate) and good contact.  The latter may be achieved by split ends.

I'm scared; they have plastic and they can be too tight...when not adjustable. 

Personally I prefer these type of connectors...lock-on style...made of full copper and gold plated ...

61eUeIGGnSL._SX466_.jpg

They don't have to be made in Germany (best) and they cost only few dollars each. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RCA-connectors-male-WBT-0144-signal-line-plug-WBT-0144-RCA-plug-lotus-head-copper-RCA/32811092951.html

You get the best RCA cables from World's Best cables of course. 

https://www.amazon.com/3-5-Foot-High-Definition-Interconnect-Connectors/dp/B01GNXXWF2/ref=pd_day0_hl_23_5/130-0363395-5548738?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01GNXXWF2&pd_rd_r=af9876be-1d29-11e9-9c09-93d0651ab230&pd_rd_w=5OanD&pd_rd_wg=szK5n&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=297ZJHY2RAGTBZ7X79FH&psc=1&refRID=297ZJHY2RAGTBZ7X79FH

Mogami cable and Amphenol connectors.  Amphenol is my personal preferred RCA end.  3.5 feet in this case.  Split center and ground connectors. A bit of jewelry really. 

I'd have no qualms about the monoprice.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-102869-Premium-22AWG-Cable/dp/B002JTV7UM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1548040297&sr=1-3&keywords=monoprice+rca+cable

EDIT: the Gotham up thread is not a bad choice either.  Same amphenol ends just star quad instead of 75 ohm coax.  Advantage of coax is you could also use this for SPDIF digital connections just as well. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

7 minutes ago, Axial said:

I'm scared; they have plastic and they can be too tight...when not adjustable. 

Personally I prefer these type of connectors...lock-on style...made of full copper and gold plated ...

61eUeIGGnSL._SX466_.jpg

They don't have to be made in Germany (best) and they cost only few dollars each. 

I hate these with a purple passion. 

I hate,  hate, hate locking RCA's after I owned some.  WBT's for what it is worth.  Take a simple connector and make it complex, and aggravating.  Plus as generally RCA isn't a locking connector most gear isn't built to take the torque and other strain cause by a locking connector.  So it often ends up loosening or ruining the jack on your bit of gear depending upon how robust it is.  

I do like WBT female jacks for RCA.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

12 minutes ago, esldude said:

I hate these with a purple passion. 

I hate,  hate, hate locking RCA's after I owned some.  WBT's for what it is worth.  Take a simple connector and make it complex, and aggravating.  Plus as generally RCA isn't a locking connector most gear isn't built to take the torque and other strain cause by a locking connector.  So it often ends up loosening or ruining the jack on your bit of gear depending upon how robust it is.  

I do like WBT female jacks for RCA.  

You sound like someone who's having a heart attack. It's ok you know; there are many good type of connectors out there...not just the ones that YOU think are good only for YOU. 

Those WBT are not that bad; I know so...I use them in my own rigs. And I must have tried hundreds of different connectors in roughly sixty years. 

You need to relax more I think. 

7 minutes ago, Axial said:

You sound like someone who's having a heart attack. It's ok you know; there are many good type of connectors out there...not just the ones that YOU think are good only for YOU. 

Those WBT are not that bad; I know so...I use them in my own rigs. And I must have tried hundreds of different connectors in roughly sixty years. 

You need to relax more I think. 

I'm not having a heart attack.  I don't have any of them now and never will again. 

I made it very plain just how much I disliked them after owning some of them a couple years.  It makes clear why some others may not like them.  They can and should make up their own mind.  It didn't occur to me and if someone had pointed it out I would have given it some consideration.  I probably would have gotten them anyway.  Now I know they aren't for me. Doesn't mean they aren't for anyone, but not for me.  And yes in my opinion they are just that bad. 

11 minutes ago, esldude said:

I'm not having a heart attack.  I don't have any of them now and never will again. 

I made it very plain just how much I disliked them after owning some of them a couple years.  It makes clear why some others may not like them.  They can and should make up their own mind.  It didn't occur to me and if someone had pointed it out I would have given it some consideration.  I probably would have gotten them anyway.  Now I know they aren't for me. Doesn't mean they aren't for anyone, but not for me.  And yes in my opinion they are just that bad. 

Cool ...