IGNORED

Katana player power question

Hi, I am new to RPI and Allo.  I am looking to initially just use a single power Katana player before experimenting with dual and triple power.  In the tech manual. the instructions for (step 1) putting a jumper on J30 to close the circuit.  In the Katana  player I received, there is also a jumper in the middle circled portion but this jumper is not in the tech manual picture .  Should I leave the jumper in place or move it to J30?

in J26, there was already a jumper in positions 2 and 3 so will leave as is.

Can't wait to try!

Thanks

Katana single power cap placement.JPG

Hi Allo, I couldn't wait to try so have move the jumper but I now can't find Volumio on the network.  There are 2 MMC cards - I left the smaller card in the Pi.  Using both didn't help with finding Volumio.  I have been through various start up guides but not able to get  past this.....

Thanks

On 1/18/2019 at 11:25 AM, Sharpei said:

Hi, I am new to RPI and Allo.  I am looking to initially just use a single power Katana player before experimenting with dual and triple power.  In the tech manual. the instructions for (step 1) putting a jumper on J30 to close the circuit.  In the Katana  player I received, there is also a jumper in the middle circled portion but this jumper is not in the tech manual picture .  Should I leave the jumper in place or move it to J30?

in J26, there was already a jumper in positions 2 and 3 so will leave as is.

Can't wait to try!

Thanks

Katana single power cap placement.JPG

yes can move this. controller J31 jumper for enabling power LED ON.

Allo.com Tech. Support

On 1/19/2019 at 9:39 AM, Sharpei said:

Hi Allo, I couldn't wait to try so have move the jumper but I now can't find Volumio on the network.  There are 2 MMC cards - I left the smaller card in the Pi.  Using both didn't help with finding Volumio.  I have been through various start up guides but not able to get  past this.....

Thanks

single power source not recommended , through this method sufficient power may not get for booting

PM to you getting some more info.

Allo.com Tech. Support