IGNORED

Farad supercap DC power supplies

On 10/2/2019 at 11:12 PM, Ricardo007 said:

Any experience to share on using an audiophile power cable on this supercap PSU ? 

I now have the same question.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, HeeBroG said:

Is the galvanic isolation due to the Super Capacitor design much like with the Uptone LPS 1.2?

Farad hasn’t claimed that their supply isolates in the same way as the LPS-1.2.  Better cords can benefit the Super3 as well, so the quality of power provided to the Super3 appears to matter.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I will mention that the Level 2 copper is a nice step up from the free one that comes with a Super3.  The Audio Sensibility Signature Silver was a nice step up from that on my Chord Hugo TT2, but it took a few weeks for me to be amazed as it needed to burn off the last bit of evidence of itself.  

The power cord really matters too with the Super3.

5 hours ago, Varadero xl 1000v said:

I ordered it, and on Friday I hope to have it.  What impressed me is the Synergistic scratch orange fuse.  I thought it would not give an upgrade, but it did not!  It helped a lot!  The sound is better.  

It is not snake oil ..

It’s the real deal ... and it will improve after a few weeks.

• 3 years later...
On 2/8/2024 at 9:51 AM, fmvinyl said:

My question is, does music have to be playing for the burn in or will burn in happen just by having the Farad plugged in?

No it doesn’t, but my experience with the Super3 (I’ve owned 3 of them) is that they sound great out of the box.  The difference may be your fuse.  Yeah just leaving it powered on will be sufficient.