IGNORED

Farad supercap DC power supplies

On 10/3/2019 at 3:51 AM, Metnoc said:

Just confirmed that I will receive two Farad units for a test.
A 12V for my sms200ultra and a 19V for my roon core computer.
The 12V has Furutech rhodium connector and Synergistic research blue fuse, the 19V Furutech rhodium connector and standard fuse.
I have a Uptone lps 1.2 for my endpoint for comparison and the system is of sufficient quality to reveal quite minor differences.
Will report back next week.

Hi,

Where is it that one can specify the Furutech Rhodium IEC connector on the ordering page?

G

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

10 hours ago, HeeBroG said:

Hi,

Where is it that one can specify the Furutech Rhodium IEC connector on the ordering page?

G

The option has just been made available after contacting KempElectronics.

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

• 9 months later...
3 hours ago, Jeremy Anderson said:

Now, I may be getting a double-whammy by achieving proper galvanic isolation along with the seriously improved power stability and delivery the Farad Super3 affords... either way, what a difference! I'm hearing backing vocals coming out of the woodwork and low-level detail retrieval in spades. Voices sound more natural and rich, instruments have greater separation, there's real depth to the sound stage... all, seemingly, from giving the uR a better power base (and, of course, the GI). Crazy.

Hi Jeremy,

Is the galvanic isolation due to the Super Capacitor design much like with the Uptone LPS 1.2?

Geoff