IGNORED

HQPlayer NAA DSD256 Amanero hissing noise

bodiebill

I had something like that, and got rid of it via reflashing the firmware version as you indicated.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Just now, Miska said:

I think it is a problem of clocking drift on the Amanero board.

I think this is correct. I do not remember what firmware I am on and don't dare to change it. lol

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

4 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

I guess I will reflash to 1099rc, as I do not need DSD512 (my Lampizator is limited to DSD256).

@Miska or are you aware of SQ difference between 1099rc and 2005be?

I have been only shortly testing the various different "non-release" versions. Have not settled to anything yet because all have had some kind of problem. Although the most recent one has been quite OK.

Singxer F-1 is supposed to be 100% pin compatible with Amanero. I have one on the way, so I'm planning to try it out as replacement to see how it works.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I also tried to flash 2005be again, hoping that the firmware would be reset and the problem (hissing noise after 8-12 min) would be solved. But no, the problem is back and occurs with HQPlayer => NAA as well as Audirvana => upmpdcli => mpd. It looks like a problem with 2005be, at least its compatibility with GentooPlayer.

So I am back to 1099c.

audio system

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 10:50 PM, bodiebill said:

Agreed. After flashback to 1099c the problem disappeared.

Alas, no DSD512 for me. My system is limited to DSD256...

Hi @bodiebill, i'm going to try to reflash my DAC8DSD  Amanero USB receiver to 1099c (CPLD1080) to gain access to native DSD. I'm aware of DSD256 limitation with 1099c (currently my limitation under Linux is DoP => DSD128 using DSD512x48x44 T+A default firmware)

Any specific issue with 1099c ?

Switching noise or glitches when 48 / 44 family resolution change in playlist ?

Thank's ...

Best

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

1 hour ago, bodiebill said:

hi volpone, for me 1099c with cpld1080 works fine on Gentoo Linux with DSD into my Amanero@Lampizator. No glitches, hiss or dropouts. Maybe the occasional tiny click when stopping or changing tracks, but I don't even remember as I don't mind those.

Thank's @bodiebill  , so i will try to re-flash my T+A DAC8DSD USB receiver fed by USBridge under DietPi (RoonBridge /NAA).

I hope DSD256 native vs DSD128 DoP.

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

9 hours ago, bodiebill said:

hi volpone, for me 1099c with cpld1080 works fine on Gentoo Linux with DSD into my Amanero@Lampizator. No glitches, hiss or dropouts. Maybe the occasional tiny click when stopping or changing tracks, but I don't even remember as I don't mind those.

Hi

Is DSD256*48 supported with this firmware release?

Dirk

Would you eventually be willing to test the ClosedForm filter with a 96kHz/24bit track.

I am testing with 2005be at the moment and either:

1) I limit max. Rate to 11,2 Mhz (DSD256*44) , which works fine for 44multiples but for 48 multiples sampling rate is halved = DSD128

2) limit to 12,8 Mhz but then I get immediately white noise when I play a 96kHz track

Dirk

17 hours ago, ddetaey said:

Would you eventually be willing to test the ClosedForm filter with a 96kHz/24bit track.

I am testing with 2005be at the moment and either:

1) I limit max. Rate to 11,2 Mhz (DSD256*44) , which works fine for 44multiples but for 48 multiples sampling rate is halved = DSD128

2) limit to 12,8 Mhz but then I get immediately white noise when I play a 96kHz track

Dirk

I have been able to reload the 1099c firmware on the T+A 8 DSD dac, and am now testing myself.

Limited to DSD256, all is working fine.

Dirk

1 hour ago, ddetaey said:

I have been able to reload the 1099c firmware on the T+A 8 DSD dac, and am now testing myself.

Limited to DSD256, all is working fine.

Dirk

I've flashed 1099c FW on DAC8DSD too. Very easy using T+A "service mode" and OEM117 tool.

Native DSD (vs DoP) is OK up to DSD256 (NAA and RoonBridge on USBridge). Sound is better than DSD128, no gltches, no more switching noise. I'm quite happy.

Still hope AMANERO will succeed with DSD512 but good step forward !

Setup details