IGNORED

From 0 to NUC/AL/RAM in 2 hours

1 hour ago, bobfa said:

I would just be guessing!  No idea.   I would think that if you dug around in the Intel NUC documentation you might find something.

OK - cheers! I have already been in the intel website but can't find anything specific, only "the above" in post 148. If I get these from China I will put the result in this thread to help other CJYH users who are having difficulty with the antenna cables. 😎

On 5/4/2019 at 10:12 PM, happydance said:

OK - cheers! I have already been in the intel website but can't find anything specific, only "the above" in post 148. If I get these from China I will put the result in this thread to help other CJYH users who are having difficulty with the antenna cables. 😎

OK - I got these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E29566W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

..for a Intel NUC7CJYH and the motherboard plug does not fit the socket on the embedded Wi-Fi adapter! DO NOT BUY FOR THE  NUC7CJYH! Hope that helps others?

Can't I just cut off the plugs in the original NUC case and solder them onto the cables I bought?

1 hour ago, happydance said:

According to these PDF's, the micro rf coax connector I need is: 20462-001E (for the NUC7CJYH)....

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtvZwp0rE3Aa6GfFszz7ouHvWxsD

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtvZwp0rE3Aa6GnaHxrgldR2Zgxs

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtvZwp0rE3Aa6Gji9FFlfdvYDPVk

Can anyone confirm these findings?

And if anyone can concur(?) were would I obtain the 20462-001E micro rf coax connectors?

Thanks!

Correction: I think that should be 20565-001R-13!

2111441819_mhf4L20565-001R-13.jpg.0a6e42db1eb1fae12611033506698e9d.jpg

more info:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!AtvZwp0rE3Aa6GqPXz5a0Ofb7vdr

got these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-pair-8dBi-2-4GHz-5GHz-Dual-WiFi-RP-SMA-Antenna-with-IPX-U-fl-to-SMA-Cable-15cm/302771223179?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Didn't work either!

So now, I have just received these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07J1X9G9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1   ....and I am happy to report that if you fit your Intel NUC7CJYH into a fanless Akasa case these ARE the wifi aerials that fit the mainboard and case! Hope that helps others avoid a long frustrating search/purchase/return procedure?

On 5/16/2019 at 3:47 AM, happydance said:

HI everyone!

so can you tell if this screenshot (below) shows that my wireless NUC is working and active via audiolinux?

967844672_wifistatus(NUC).jpg.51be2076d660b513f9dca7c43b2b03d3.jpg

it is OFF. Make sure you have the latest image and menu to run with.  I just setup my NUC with v1.30 and Menu 118 WLAN settings worked first time.  I think I have different hardware than you do.IMG_1836.thumb.jpeg.f6004fe0c940c6f66d186ad4822cbc7c.jpeg

On 5/20/2019 at 3:01 AM, bobfa said:

it is OFF. Make sure you have the latest image and menu to run with.  I just setup my NUC with v1.30 and Menu 118 WLAN settings worked first time.  I think I have different hardware than you do.IMG_1836.thumb.jpeg.f6004fe0c940c6f66d186ad4822cbc7c.jpeg

yes! - thank you! ~ got it now! i.e. WLAN = ROUTABLE - OK.

Hi Bob @bobfa, finally got Audiolinux installed which will replace my custom Ubuntu, your guide definitely makes it easy to understand, thanks a lot for your contribution.

Did you finally got the speakers you mentioned at Axpona? the Kii's? hope you are enjoying it

Take care

Luis

• 2 weeks later...

I have made several major changes to my systems design over the last month or so.  I have moved from a dual system to TWO single systems.  My NUC is now the server/streamer for my headphone system and my Xeon system is now the server/streamer for my Kii Three Speakers.  Both systems are running Euphony OS and their Stylus player. MY music is stored on my QNAP NAS for now.  On the main system there is a copy of my library on an external drive connected directly to the Xeon system VIA USB with external power.

This system, the NUC is powered by my JS-2 power supply with Ghent JSSG cable to the NUC and a Ghent JSSG USB cable directly to the Multibit DAC in the LYR-3.  There are Transparent Audio power cords and power-line filter on the headphone system.

5A0965D0-BDA2-434D-96C4-83189D3DFB80.thumb.jpeg.4ef3c93fd26ced579caa4a0c11ba8e13.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi @bobfa,

I am planning to build a new music server to use with Devialet 220 PRO . I store my audio files on Synology NAS with 2TB SSD disk. I have read this thread from the beginning. You recommend Intel NUC7i7DBNE and Akasa NUC Plato X7D case in the first page. But in the end, I see that you currently use a Xeon system for your home stereo on which  Euphony OS is running. I am a little bit confused. What are the main parts of your Xeon server? Do you currently advise us Xeon server with Euphony or NUC7i7DBNE with AudioLinux? 

50 minutes ago, congofather said:

Hi @bobfa,

I am planning to build a new music server to use with Devialet 220 PRO . I store my audio files on Synology NAS with 2TB SSD disk. I have read this thread from the beginning. You recommend Intel NUC7i7DBNE and Akasa NUC Plato X7D case in the first page. But in the end, I see that you currently use a Xeon system for your home stereo on which  Euphony OS is running. I am a little bit confused. What are the main parts of your Xeon server? Do you currently advise us Xeon server with Euphony or NUC7i7DBNE with AudioLinux? 

He like Euphony one box solution better -- look at the dates of the posts and you'll see that the AL ones are older.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
1 hour ago, congofather said:

Hi @bobfa,

Maybe this thread will help:

2 hours ago, congofather said:

Hi @bobfa,

I just now updated the top of the thread with more info.   PLEASE remember that all of this is my listening experience!    Over time, say 9 months I have migrated from AudioLinux to Euphony. I have also moved from two box to a single box system.  (Well with USB regeneration).  

I still use Roon, only now with the Stylus-ep system in a single computer.  I also use the Stylus player that is part of the Euphony system.  I find it fascinating that the software/OS running on the hardware makes so much difference in the sound.

The question is what I recommend.  I do not actually recommend any of this.  I try stuff and  find things that work and do not work for ME!  I report on my findings for others to observe and to play with, validate if they like, etc..    

The most important questions here are do you want to build something or buy something.  Building is fun for me!    What is fun for you?

Bob

1 hour ago, congofather said:

What about Xeon server vs NUC7i7DBNE ? What is the configuration of the Xeon server? I found https://silentpc.com/fanless-pcs/fanless-xeon-server#Configure . Is there any customization on this configuration?

That is an interesting box.  I would not make some of the choices they made.  The power supply is one of the first changes I would make.    

The following is what I built back in February and have evolved throughout the year.  I will be testing some new RAM in the box shortly.  (Because I can!)

• 1 month later...