IGNORED

From 0 to NUC/AL/RAM in 2 hours

The enable ramroot selection sets the system to load into ram at the next boot.  You've not rebooted yet so it's not in ramroot yet.  

Therefore, it you're not yet in ramroot mode, the changes are written to the USB stick as normal.  If you have already rebooted and are running in ramroot, then one must select Save System or the changes will be lost.

Hope this helps

I would suggest that you separate the RAMROOT stuff from configuration.  Setup running from USB and make sure it works.  Then setup RAMROOT.  Avoids confusion.

The status menu and ramroot status will tell you what service are running and if you are in RAM.

I have not been running AL on my endpoint for a couple of months now.  I have been testing with another OS.  

2 hours ago, bobfa said:

I would suggest that you separate the RAMROOT stuff from configuration.  Setup running from USB and make sure it works.  Then setup RAMROOT.  Avoids confusion.

The status menu and ramroot status will tell you what service are running and if you are in RAM.

I have not been running AL on my endpoint for a couple of months now.  I have been testing with another OS.  

Is there a 'gateway' page for the NUC/AL with a URL or IP address? Like the kind of thing you get with sonic orbiter so that I can control the NUC/AL through the laptop chrome google web browser?

Or do you have to plug in the monitor/mouse & keyboard to make changes (& monitor/observe the NUC)?

Thanks!

Also using this:

8. Remotely Logon

Steps:

> Download and install Putty;

> Start Putty;

> Type the PC/NUC IP Address into the Hostname (or IP Address) box;

> Check SSH is selected, and that the Port = 22;

> Type a relevant name into the Saved Sessions box, e.g. AL-SqzLt;

> Click on Save, to save these details;

> Click on Open.

> You will now be asked to accept the remote machine's key

this is a part of the security and expected behaviour, so do so.

IF the key was to unexpectedly change then this would be a concern;

> When asked for the user Type: audiolinux;

> Password Type: audiolinux;

KC: Secure Shell = ssh. This is a service that is running on AudioLinux that allows you to remotely log on and type commands as though you were sat at the machine directly.

811151298_loginPutty.thumb.jpg.e1fd9759d8f5d76642deb8818b227e2a.jpg

Sincerely hope this may help anyone else that has lost their way during this process?

..don't think @bobfa mentioned how to connect remotely through a PC/laptop/iPhone etc. (and remove the monitor/keyboard & mouse? If he did - Sorry! If not then the above few posts may come in handy for all you  remote controllers out there? Call it: how to set up NUC/AL headless CONTROL without a mouse/keyboard & monitor via a web browser page on a remote device.

😎

I struggled a bit trying to find same when I moved my NUCs to Asaka cases.  After a couple failed orders from Amazon, I ended up just searching for the WiFi card and ended up with these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E29566W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

19 minutes ago, ray-dude said:

I struggled a bit trying to find same when I moved my NUCs to Asaka cases.  After a couple failed orders from Amazon, I ended up just searching for the WiFi card and ended up with these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E29566W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you know if these will fit the Intel AC 9462D2W embedded module of the NUC7CJYH ? Looks similar but then again - they all do (lol).

Thanks ray!

I'm using these in my NUC7i7DNKE.  I no longer have my NUC7CJYH, but I'm pretty sure I used these same antenna when I did (I replaced my NUC7CJYH with a second NUC7i7DNKE)

I had these as well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E29HV38

These for sure fit the NUC7CJYH, but less clean to have loose wire coming out of the Akasa case.

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

59 minutes ago, ray-dude said:

I'm using these in my NUC7i7DNKE.  I no longer have my NUC7CJYH, but I'm pretty sure I used these same antenna when I did (I replaced my NUC7CJYH with a second NUC7i7DNKE)

I had these as well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E29HV38

These for sure fit the NUC7CJYH, but less clean to have loose wire coming out of the Akasa case.

hi ray,

I think for my next attempt I will try the first one you specify - many thanks!

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027956/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html?wapkw=antenna+ac+9462

this is the nearest help I could find:

Which connector is used to connect the of Intel® wireless card to Wi-Fi antenna

Validated.This solution has been verified by our customers to fix the issue with these environment variables

Knowledge

Content TypeProduct Information & Documentation

Article ID000027956

Last Reviewed10/05/2018

What are you seeing?

I would like to know the type of connector used to connect the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 NGW card to the internal wifi antenna.

Environment:

Any M.2 (aka NGFF) form factor Intel Wireless Adapters:
Intel Wireless-AC 9560
Intel Wireless-AC 9260
Intel Wireless-AC 9462
Intel Wireless-AC 9461
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
Intel Wireless 7265 Family 
Intel Wireless 7260 Family 

How to fix it:

The M.2 form factor Intel® Wireless Adapters use the standard 2x2 mm size RF micro coaxial receptacle (connector) with an outer diameter of 1.5 mm as defined in the PCI-E M.2 Specification. Specific plugs should be selected to suit the assembly allowable mating height and cable diameter. Refer to the PCI-E M.2 Specification for the minimum requirements of the compatible RF connectors and mating plugs.

Characteristics Description
Receptacle Physical outline 2 mm x 2 mm x 0.60 mm
Receptacle Outer Diameter 1.5 mm

Good keywords to search for this parts online are "M.2 wireless antenna" or "NGFF antenna."

Wireless antennas are generally provided by each OEM, as they will need to fit each computer's and may subject to country-specific regulatory requirements. 

nothing specific from Intel.

On 1/13/2019 at 12:35 AM, bobfa said:

Adding WiFi to the build

I have been thinking about adding a WiFi card to the build so I dug around and found the card and antennas on Amazon. So here is ONE WAY to add WiFi to the NUC

Parts needed

@bobfa 

...could this be what I need for the Intel AC 9462D2W embedded module of the NUC7CJYH ?   ...as ray suggests?