IGNORED

From 0 to NUC/AL/RAM in 2 hours

Hi Bob,

Wow, thank you for putting in the effort to document the entire process. This should be very useful for those not familiar in building computers.

As several people tried all three of them I’d also mention the NUC7PJYH. This one is similar to the NUC7CJYH but has better availability and sounds better as well. The NUC7i7DN’xx’ would still be best out of these three but it is of course about four times as expensive.

Regarding the build process I’m afraid you overused thermal paste on the CPU. It’s difficult to say how much to use exactly but the less that is used the better. What one wants is a thin layer filling up the microscopic holes between the CPU and heatsink. Of course you need not panic as the excess paste will be pushed out. I generally apply a 1mm wide line from top to bottom. That line will spread out, without bubbles, over the entire surface, when attaching the heatsink. Another technique is applying a drop in de middle. See for example: https://m.wikihow.com/Apply-Thermal-Paste