IGNORED

From 0 to NUC/AL/RAM in 2 hours

I've got to disagree that enabling uPNP on the route is a good idea.  It opens the opportunity for any malicious software to be able to open outbound connections to command-control hosts.

Multicast/IGMP proxy yes, it will often help Roon communications but uPNP, no.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:57 AM, austinpop said:

@TheAttorney

@hifi25nl just added a menu-driven way to set static IP to the latest Audiolinux menu version 105. So if you need it, it's there.

I should know this but where is the menu version visible?  When I run Update Menu, it reports I have the latest, but I don't see the new static IP option.  (I don't need it just curious why it reports up to date but doesn't show).   Thx.

Nope, still just says AudioLinux menu - Version (with nothing where I would expect a version number).  No big deal.  I'm happy with the system as it stands, plus my few other tweaks to disable other unneeded services.  No plans to update until something major comes along...

5 minutes ago, austinpop said:

A full update is 3 things: the kernel, all other packages, and the AL menu. 

Screen Shot 2019-03-23 at 3.30.26 PM.png

Thanks, I didn't realize all 3 are required.  I asked Piero about the recent kernel updates and he told me there was very little fixed and if I wasn't suffering with any issue best to leave it be.  

AL is moving so fast, I should probably step off the train before it leaves the town I'm enjoying quite a lot right now.

• 4 weeks later...

The enable ramroot selection sets the system to load into ram at the next boot.  You've not rebooted yet so it's not in ramroot yet.  

Therefore, it you're not yet in ramroot mode, the changes are written to the USB stick as normal.  If you have already rebooted and are running in ramroot, then one must select Save System or the changes will be lost.

Hope this helps