IGNORED

batteries?

A prime example of how advertising can mislead (shock horror its an audio cable company).
Van Den Hull advertise this:
https://www.vandenhul.com/product/cnt-carbon-nano-tube/
These cables do not use Carbon Nonotubes (less than 3nm in diameter) but thin strands of carbon
that are 15 microns  (15,000nm)... The very cleverly refer to these thin carbon wires as "nano tubes"
not "nanotubes" and thus don't fall foul of any standards but are twisting the truth to fool people...

1 hour ago, marce said:

A prime example of how advertising can mislead (shock horror its an audio cable company).
Van Den Hull advertise this:
https://www.vandenhul.com/product/cnt-carbon-nano-tube/
These cables do not use Carbon Nonotubes (less than 3nm in diameter) but thin strands of carbon
that are 15 microns  (15,000nm)... The very cleverly refer to these thin carbon wires as "nano tubes"
not "nanotubes" and thus don't fall foul of any standards but are twisting the truth to fool people...

They've had cables with carbon conductors for a long long time.  When I had a pair they didn't come in a pretty box, and I'm betting they were much much cheaper.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 hours ago, marce said:

Disagree all you like they are NOT graphene batteries, look at the current level of research regarding graphene, the main centre is at Manchester Uni....

Rob (HobbyKing Support Centre)

Jan 14, 14:11 EST

Hello DOC,
It is not merely a marketing exercise. Our Graphene batteries most certainly do use graphene in their composition.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Regards,
Rob

HobbyKing US Product Support Team
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
http://www.facebook.com/HobbyKing
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive
https://www.youtube.com/user/HobbykingLive

"Turnigy Graphene packs utilize carbon in the battery structure to form a single layer of graphene just 0.335nm thick, making that type of battery substrate the thinnest known to mankind. The graphene particles form a highly dense compound allowing electrons to flow with less resistance compared to traditional Lipoly battery technologies. The result is a battery capable of maintaining greater power output whilst remaining much cooler under load. Since heat and resistance are the natural enemy of batteries, Graphene chemistry has significantly reduced these problems and the result is an incredible boost in cycle life and performance."

5 hours ago, marce said:

In their composition they are NOT graphene batteries they are LIPO different technology all together, look how graphene batteries work.

Hello DOC,
It is not merely a marketing exercise. Our Graphene batteries most certainly do use graphene in their composition.
Regards,
Rob

"Turnigy Graphene packs utilize carbon in the battery structure to form a single layer of graphene just 0.335nm thick, making that type of battery substrate the thinnest known to mankind. The graphene particles form a highly dense compound allowing electrons to flow with less resistance compared to traditional Lipoly battery technologies. The result is a battery capable of maintaining greater power output whilst remaining much cooler under load. Since heat and resistance are the natural enemy of batteries, Graphene chemistry has significantly reduced these problems and the result is an incredible boost in cycle life and performance."

1 minute ago, the_doc735 said:

Hello DOC,
Regards,
Rob

Why do you keep repeating this, they are Lipo batteries with the posibility of some graphene on either the anode or cathode to lower resitsance, they are NOT graphene batteries, why do you persist in this, why don't you go read up what is available, I have posted links that show graphene batteries are not there yet for commercial use and still being developed....

Please read up on the facts regarding graphene instead of being so ignorant and repeating the same stuff... If theye were graphene batteries they would not say they are LIPO!!!!!

3 hours ago, Jud said:

They've had cables with carbon conductors for a long long time.  When I had a pair they didn't come in a pretty box, and I'm betting they were much much cheaper.

Yes but the adverts that came out and the way the cable is described you would think it was a real carbon nanotube (correct spelling) cable, not a carbon cable... The difference is the space between nano and tube, if they used nanotube they would be liable for false advertising, with the space it just marketing pushing the limits. It was to illustrate the point regarding graphene, using it on an anode or cathode does not make it a graphene battery it makes it a LIPO battery that has utilises some graphene.

2 minutes ago, marce said:

Yes but the adverts that came out and the way the cable is described you would think it was a real carbon nanotube (correct spelling) cable, not a carbon cable... The difference is the space between nano and tube, if they used nanotube they would be liable for false advertising, with the space it just marketing pushing the limits. It was to illustrate the point regarding graphene, using it on an anode or cathode does not make it a graphene battery it makes it a LIPO battery that has utilises some graphene.

Yes I agree that it is a lipo battery that utilities graphene, therefore it is a graphene battery with lipo technology, who cares about the nomenclature? Keep your hair on it's only a hobby mate! Relax! F.Y.I. I have read webpages RE: graphene, & batteries, they are very interesting.

13 minutes ago, marce said:

I have posted links that show graphene batteries are not there yet for commercial use

Jan 15, 10:55 EST

Hello DOC,
I'll have those users looked into.  (mansr & marce)
Regards,
Rob

46 minutes ago, the_doc735 said:

Yes I agree that it is a lipo battery that utilities graphene, therefore it is a graphene battery with lipo technology, who cares about the nomenclature? Keep your hair on it's only a hobby mate! Relax! F.Y.I. I have read webpages RE: graphene, & batteries, they are very interesting.

Nomenclature is important, being exact in these things is very important...

It is NOT a graphene battery LIPO technology, it is a LIPO battery with some graphene used...

I am curious into what he means by having Mansr and myself looked into, does he mean literally, maybe dissection to extract our withered, black, objective soulless hearts...

2 hours ago, the_doc735 said:

Jan 15, 10:55 EST

Hello DOC,
I'll have those users looked into.  (mansr & marce)

Rather extremely unfortunate language. Speaking only for myself, I would be quite reluctant to deal with a company that says such things with apparent ease.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

2 hours ago, marce said:

Why do you keep repeating this, they are Lipo batteries with the posibility of some graphene on either the anode or cathode to lower resitsance, they are NOT graphene batteries, why do you persist in this, why don't you go read up what is available, I have posted links that show graphene batteries are not there yet for commercial use and still being developed....

Please read up on the facts regarding graphene instead of being so ignorant and repeating the same stuff... If theye were graphene batteries they would not say they are LIPO!!!!!

"cast not your pearls before swine"

1 hour ago, marce said:

Nomenclature is important, being exact in these things is very important...

It is NOT a graphene battery LIPO technology, it is a LIPO battery with some graphene used...

I am curious into what he means by having Mansr and myself looked into, does he mean literally, maybe dissection to extract our withered, black, objective soulless hearts...

"Why am I so ignorant?"

....thanks for the insult. When you start resorting to insults it just shows your case is loosing its credibility!

Let me re-phrase my original question just for you...

Is a lipo battery with all the benefits of graphene technology (added), a superior power supply to SMPS?

Rob (HobbyKing Support Centre)

Jan 15, 04:55 EST

Hello DOC,

those links they (CA) provided are either 'out of date' or 'out of touch' with the most recent developments in this field, not everyone is currently aware of our latest achievements and breakthroughs.

Regards,
Rob

I have no idea what rob was talking about? Maybe he was looking to make sure that there is no libellous content that defames his business or something? I really don't know! e.g. their graphene batteries being just a marketing ploy when that is simply not the case.

3 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

"cast not your pearls before swine"

"swine!!"

....thanks for the insult. When you start resorting to insults it just shows your case is loosing its credibility!

Let me re-phrase my original question just for you...

Is a lipo battery with all the benefits of graphene technology (added), a superior power supply to SMPS?

Audio_D - we, of course, do not know "why you are so ignorant" - most likely it relates to lack of education in a particular field, coupled with a degree of willingness to believe ridiculous claims.

And BTW, men are often referred to as pigs -- or dogs; take your pick.

But you might want to look up that quote - it refers to wasting time on the ineducable 

16 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Audio_D - we, of course, do not know "why you are so ignorant" - most likely it relates to lack of education in a particular field, coupled with a degree of willingness to believe ridiculous claims.

And BTW, men are often referred to as pigs -- or dogs; take your pick.

But you might want to look up that quote - it refers to wasting time on the ineducable 

more insults, a pig or dog now is it! Many thanks! Laughable, grow up! I won't be answering this anymore as it is clear you do not understand the question and it has now become a waste of my time!

"Is a lipo battery with all the benefits of graphene technology (added), a superior power supply to SMPS?" ANSWER THIS or don't bother replying at all (please), forgive me for not stooping to your level.

47 minutes ago, the_doc735 said:

Rob (HobbyKing Support Centre)

Jan 15, 04:55 EST

Hello DOC,

those links they (CA) provided are either 'out of date' or 'out of touch' with the most recent developments in this field, not everyone is currently aware of our latest achievements and breakthroughs

There are two exciting graphene "battery" technologies being developed (quotes around battery since one of the technologies actually involves supercapacitors):

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/graphene-batteries-supercapacitors

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/10/23/samsungs_graphene_batteries_promise_12minute_charge/

The Samsung LiPO batteries using what's called a "graphene ball" technology are rumored to possibly be available in phones at some point during this year, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Permit me to doubt that HobbyKing has managed to outdo Samsung or various university and government laboratories with its "latest achievements and breakthoughs."

As for graphene-enhanced LiPO batteries short of Samsung's technology, they exist, and have both advantages and disadvantages for various uses.  See, for example, https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2728559-Graphene-vs-normal-lipo