IGNORED

batteries?

5 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Here is a link that may allow some of the more gullible here to filter thru the BS.

https://www.graphene-info.com/graphene-batteries

Well I've been following graphene supercapacitor development for a couple of years, but now there is some development of hemp-enhanced supercapacitors which might outperform graphene:

https://www.graphene-info.com/hemp-based-electrodes-outperform-graphene-ones

Maybe the hemp ones will be more "mellow." B|

13 minutes ago, Superdad said:

now there is some development of hemp-enhanced supercapacitors which might outperform graphene

So good they ought to be illegal.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

11 hours ago, mansr said:

Batteries don't supply a constant voltage. Most circuits require a constant supply voltage. Ergo, a regulator is required.

It’s a generalization. “Batteries don’t supply a constant voltage”, yes. "Requirements for most circuits", yes, but for most devices, no. Therefore, most devices such as usb cards, ethernet cards, ddc, dac etc, can be powered with a voltage in a wider range than as stated as supply voltage. Batteries with voltages that falls within this range therefore work well without a regulator. The reason is that most devices already have built-in regulators, also applies to all motherboards.

29 minutes ago, mansr said:

You're not making a lot of sense. A regulator internal to the powered device is still a regulator and will be what determines the quality of power supplied to the main circuitry.

Yes it’s true. It's often these internal regulators determine the quality of a particular device. But a battery without a regulator can actually be better power supply for a device than the same with one. And provide better SQ. That's the difference I wanted to present.

With careful design of the voltage regulator, you should be able to regulate the battery voltage down to the required voltage, then  into the appropriate number of series connected UltraCaps instead of normal electrolytic capacitors.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

On 1/11/2019 at 9:29 AM, Hauser said:

If you are interested in battery power supplies, Lifepo4 A123 batteries have been considered favourably.  There is currently a group buy on DIYaudio for a supply designed by Iancanada.  Suggest you apply some research to that thread.

Martin.

I didn't ask about Lifepo4 A123 batteries, I asked about graphene?

On 1/11/2019 at 10:17 PM, mansr said:

Regardless of battery technology, you're going to need a regulator which will dominate the characteristics of the power supply.

Batteries don't supply a constant voltage. Most circuits require a constant supply voltage. Ergo, a regulator is required.

Including this?

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-supplies/327105-develop-ultra-capacitor-power-supply-lifepo4-battery-power-supply.html#post5540295

???