IGNORED

Article: Audiophile 5: Sonore opticalRendu in 5 Minutes

2 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi Chris @The Computer Audiophile

Much prefer this kind of video - great improvement.

Friendly feedback - there can be less of you on the screen and more of the product.

For example: from 1min50sec to 2min06sec. Perfect time to show the parts you're talking about instead of us seeing your face 🙂

Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the feedback. I try to make the videos as much about the products and as little about me as possible 😁

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

8 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Thanks for the feedback. I try to make the videos as much about the products and as little about me as possible 😁

I heard you say that in the video too.

But then  from 1min50sec to 2min06sec I'm shaking my fist at the screen.

arthur.thumb.jpg.89c7d0c09918c694d936176bc415536a.jpg

All said in good fun/spirits of course 😁

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Over the course of a century that 16 consecutive seconds could add up 😁

Hehe.

Just my friendly feedback about making the most of the 300 seconds you have to play with.

Some people may not understand what SFP modules are or how to connect them.

So after you said you want to make videos about the gear and not about you, we're looking at your face as you describe the hook-up 😉

Agreed, there are better things to worry about in this world.

Just trying to help you (and help people understand the product better - which is your focus too).

35 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hehe.

Just my friendly feedback about making the most of the 300 seconds you have to play with.

Some people may not understand what SFP modules are or how to connect them.

So after you said you want to make videos about the gear and not about you, we're looking at your face as you describe the hook-up 😉

Agreed, there are better things to worry about in this world.

Just trying to help you (and help people understand the product better - which is your focus too).

Thanks em. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

So...when does the first DAC with Fiber Input come out?  

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

That was good. After telling you some previous videos were too long, I think this was about right. A format  I'd watch.

Video should essentially be a media for giving us visuals of stuff that doesn't translate as well to written description, or results in wordy description that isn't that clear.

We don't need video for the "review" part. That's what text is for and it is more time efficient for that. You got the right mix here. The best "review", IMO, would be a text one with short video clips showing us the stuff that is less suited for text.

I also didn't know what an SFP input was, so I googled it.

As far as the unit itself, it seems like something I'd be interested in, except for one issue: It gets many of us back to the "spaghetti" setup: 2 PS's, a switch, and the OR itself.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

13 hours ago, bobflood said:

I like the format now with the 5 minute limit. Past that I would rather read it. This looks like a great product. I wonder how the new switch coming from Uptone will work with existing Rendus in comparison.

It should work great and will be systemOptique certified. 

11 hours ago, jcbenten said:

So...when does the first DAC with Fiber Input come out?  

I know of two DACs with optical network input. Remember this requires a computer in the DAC. Anyway, Lumin and MSB both have a DAC with optical network input. Our solution brings optical networking to any USB-Audio device. 

4 hours ago, firedog said:

That was good. After telling you some previous videos were too long, I think this was about right. A format  I'd watch.

Video should essentially be a media for giving us visuals of stuff that doesn't translate as well to written description, or results in wordy description that isn't that clear.

We don't need video for the "review" part. That's what text is for and it is more time efficient for that. You got the right mix here. The best "review", IMO, would be a text one with short video clips showing us the stuff that is less suited for text.

I also didn't know what an SFP input was, so I googled it.

As far as the unit itself, it seems like something I'd be interested in, except for one issue: It gets many of us back to the "spaghetti" setup: 2 PS's, a switch, and the OR itself.

No. I called the 5x or 6x more complex suggestions of some spaghetti, but this is not spaghetti. First, many of our customers are already using optical fiber networking so this is a natural reduction in what the are already doing. Take Chris for example who already had optical waiting to be used. Second, most of our customers are using a switch. I'm using one in my audio room so nothing added for me. Third, we have other solutions that don't use fiber and the opticalRendu can be utilized with a cable Ethernet SFP module. Running out of time here, but you get the idea. On a final note, we don't make things complicated...we have always promoted simple solutions. Remote computer/NAS -> Rendu -> USB device.

7 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

No. I called the 5x or 6x more complex suggestions of some spaghetti, but this is not spaghetti. First, many of our customers are already using optical fiber networking so this is a natural reduction in what the are already doing. Take Chris for example who already had optical waiting to be used. Second, most of our customers are using a switch. I'm using one in my audio room so nothing added for me. Third, we have other solutions that don't use fiber and the opticalRendu can be utilized with a cable Ethernet SFP module. Running out of time here, but you get the idea. On a final note, we don't make things complicated...we have always promoted simple solutions. Remote computer/NAS -> Rendu -> USB device.

Okay, maybe I (and others) don’t understand the technology and terminology. How do you replace an existing USB to Ethernet renderer with one of these?

Are you saying there is a cable that includes the SFP module you can plug into a convetional switch so that all you’d need to replace a convetional  renderer is the cable, optical rendu, and PS for the OR?

If so, then that’s not spaghetti, I agree. 
If it was me, (and I understand your approach is different) I’d rather have one box that  includes at least the PS, in not also everything else.  

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)